Degree/cumpass display

Discussion in '2005 - 2015 Toyota Tacoma' started by 12AMBurgerTime, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Does anyone know or have a way to upgrade or put something else in display spot mine is ****ed and there is no fixing it, if anyone knows something or has any ideas please let me know thanks in advance 1567358606137.jpeg

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

Reflow the solder into the 510 resistors

Bogunn and 12AMBurgerTime like this.
  4. OP
    12AMBurgerTime

12AMBurgerTime Member

I'll give it a shot but in the corner of the screen it's burned out

5. Bojangles

Oddly ive seen that twice from units, didnt effect anything despite the scorch mark.

12AMBurgerTime and Bogunn like this.
  6. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

If that doesn’t work you can get a replacement on eBay or from a bone yard for pretty cheap and replace it.

12AMBurgerTime and Bojangles like this.
  7. OP
    12AMBurgerTime

12AMBurgerTime Member

Thanks it worked out perfectly

Bojangles likes this.
  8. Bojangles

Happy to help ;)

B-Man likes this.
  9. TacoBOB77

TacoBOB77 Well-Known Member

I soldered mine a few months ago just went out again now gotta go do it again since the compass is located near roof that hot summer sun without shade is just roasting that same part

10. snptoyo

snptoyo Member

I did pulled out my display today, both my 510 units were about ready to fall off. The resolder job worked. Be careful , those 510 units are tiny. I had one of mine come off, placed some “glue stick” stuff on the end of a pencil to give me something to hold onto it with.
    Good luck. Plenty of YOUTUBE videos out there on the fix.

Bojangles likes this.
  11. deerman41

deerman41 New Member

Mine went out , I youtubed how to remove and sent it to Maryland for fix, returned about 2 weeks with lifetime guarantee. about 40 bucks

Bojangles likes this.