DIYs?

warmfuzzies

Are there any DIYs on this forum for newer tacos? Just performed a search and didn’t see any come up.

Have an ‘18 OR — nothing required at this point but looking for future ref. Spark plugs, oil change, then moving into bigger stuff when eventually needed.

If there aren’t any I may be inclined to start making some when it’s time.

Are there any DIYs on this forum for newer tacos? Just performed a search and didn’t see any come up.

Have an ‘18 OR — nothing required at this point but looking for future ref. Spark plugs, oil change, then moving into bigger stuff when eventually needed.

If there aren’t any I may be inclined to start making some when it’s time.
Do it anyways. Most people at this point still have the 2yr service agreement that comes with the Tacoma. I’m sure we will start to see more of these as time goes on.

Do it anyways. Most people at this point still have the 2yr service agreement that comes with the Tacoma. I’m sure we will start to see more of these as time goes on.

True. I’ve never really thought about it, I guess there isn’t a lot of turd gen maintenance threads because of the service plan. [emoji848]

I always do my own vehicle maintenance. Unless it’s free. If I had to drive further than I have to to get to a Toyota dealer I would scrap their 4 tire rotations and 2 oil change service and do it myself.
I’ve looked at the bottom of the engine and already have the oil assembly housing remover tool. It’s a basic oil change scenario. Any YouTube video for a 2007-18 Tundra and many other vehicles that use the same housing will be about the same...minus quarts and location.
I did a write up for the cabin filter. No video.
The engine air filter is basic.
Zerks are like any other one I’ve seen.
Diffs, transfer and tranny seem pretty much the same as the 2nd gen for check, drain and fill.

You should do a video on all of them and make a YouTube for maintenance on the third gen Tacoma.

Yeah this. I do a lot of DIY projects on my 2017, but none about maintenance really because it's new enough that I haven't needed anything more than oil changes which are included for free so I had them done by Toyota.
There are lots of DIY projects out there, but mostly for mods.

I always do my own vehicle maintenance. Unless it’s free. If I had to drive further than I have to to get to a Toyota dealer I would scrap their 4 tire rotations and 2 oil change service and do it myself.
I’ve looked at the bottom of the engine and already have the oil assembly housing remover tool. It’s a basic oil change scenario. Any YouTube video for a 2007-18 Tundra and many other vehicles that use the same housing will be about the same...minus quarts and location.
I did a write up for the cabin filter. No video.
The engine air filter is basic.
Zerks are like any other one I’ve seen.
Diffs, transfer and tranny seem pretty much the same as the 2nd gen for check, drain and fill.

You should do a video on all of them and make a YouTube for maintenance on the third gen Tacoma.
"Check, drain, and fill on a tranny" means something completely different to the youngsters these days, 17. You might want to use the entire name from now on;)

Kids- he's referring to the TRANSMISSION, not your aunt Heather who used to be Uncle Hank

Haha thanks all and I agree — these are new enough it’s just not really needed yet.

And RE my experience, just an avid DIYer coming from Audis so I’m excited to have much more space in the engine compartment when tackling this platform.

"Check, drain, and fill on a tranny" means something completely different to the youngsters these days, 17. You might want to use the entire name from now on;)

Kids- he's referring to the TRANSMISSION, not your aunt Heather who used to be Uncle Hank

Hahahaha[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Back