Engine Knocking

Jeff L

So...I have a 2013 double cab with the V6 (about 28k miles as of now), and I hear engine knocking at about 1500 rpm with very mild acceleration in higher gear. Took it to the dealer while it was still under warranty, they claimed everything was normal. Now, I'm no mechanic, but I've heard engine knocking before and this sure sounds like it. The knocking almost sounds like some diesel engines I've heard. My questions are: 1) is this something that will cause permanent engine damage over time, and 2) since I did take this in under warranty for this issue, will it be covered if it does indeed cause a future problem now that my warranty period has ended? Thanks for any help!

There is a slight knock. My 09' had it and so does my 12'. 36k factory warranty is covered. You should have a 60k power train warranty as well. Unless you have the extended warranty then your good up to 100k. Check your paperwork.

Good that you reported it to the dealer and have a work order that states knocking noise from motor. That way if it does damage, you have already reported it and it was not taken care of at that time while under warranty. Just saying.....

I agree. Make sure they document it. I had a major ordeal with a Nissan dealer who did not document. I got screwed in the end. Nissan is now referred to as the other "N" word in my house. Also don't hesitate to go to another dealer and call the manufacturer. Wish I had done that! Learning the hard way sucks.

Switch over to a higher octane 92-94 Top Tier Gasoline, for a few months and see it go away,Chevron,Shell, Texaco,Exxon/Mobil, Sunoco, B.P. any major name Top Tier gas and try 1 bottle of Chevron Techcron or Amsoil P.I. Fuel Treatment, or Lucas Fuel Treatments every 1000-3000 miles, may be cheap or dirty gas and moisture!

Back