Engine swapped Tacoma?

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by DylanS, Dec 4, 2019.

1. DylanS

DylanS New Member

Need help!

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    DylanS

DylanS New Member

Is it possible to swap my 3.5 v6 with a 4.0 v8?

4. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

Sure if u can find a 4.0 v8 and have the money or skills.
    Nothing is impossible

Scott Wyman likes this.
  5. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

Check your local laws

Scott Wyman likes this.
  6. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

You'd basically need the complete wiring with ECU for the V8. Nothing easy. It would be cheaper to just get forced induction on your current engine.

Scott Wyman and Bojangles like this.
  7. 88e30m50

88e30m50 Member

You’ll also need to look into the transmission to see if it will mate up to the new engine. If it does, will you have to modify the driveshaft if the swap puts the engine in a slightly different spot. Are your axles and transfer case rated for the load that the V8 brings? If not, there be more work there.

8. Taco4x4

Taco4x4 New Member

This would cost so much I can't imagine it's worth it. I know a guy did a diesel swap for $30k.

Scott Wyman likes this.
  9. Tape

Tape Member

Buy a Tundra, a v8 Tacoma would be SWEET