Exhaust idea.

You don't maintain a muffler. You drive and it muffles. You can shine it up if you like but really there is nothing that you can do. Snow belt people can spray to prevent corrosion but that's external.

You don't maintain a muffler. You drive and it muffles. You can shine it up if you like but really there is nothing that you can do. Snow belt people can spray to prevent corrosion but that's external.

Im in georgia, so thats not a problem. So what do you do when they fall apart? Can you still drive it to the repair shop?

That wouldnt bother me too much. I like the glass pack and trd sounds, so how different do you think itd be to combine them?

Using both doesn't make sense. The TRD muffler is going to reduce the sound to its level so the glasspack isn't going to do anything. The glasspack is the muffler when you run one.

Both give about the same which is almost nothing. I'd say the TRD is proven 7 horsepower while the glasspack is iffy. Too much flow and the gasses expand too quickly which hurts low end power.

There is no way to tell without spending thousands of hours on the flow bench. It may or may not hurt and it may or may not help. I've already listed the main disadvantage of the glasspack. In the end the exhaust isn't going to do much of anything except make noise but I figure why take a step in the wrong direction. If you want a glasspack throw it on.

There is no way to tell without spending thousands of hours on the flow bench. It may or may not hurt and it may or may not help. I've already listed the main disadvantage of the glasspack. In the end the exhaust isn't going to do much of anything except make noise but I figure why take a step in the wrong direction. If you want a glasspack throw it on.

I like noise, ive just heard you talk about power loss, and i want no power loss

You might be able to find some dynos online with different exhaust set ups. Not sure. Whipper would know better about that. It's all preference.

You might be able to find some dynos online with different exhaust set ups. Not sure. Whipper would know better about that. It's all preference.

I mean i was researching, and watching youtub for sound, and i like the TRD efficiency, and it looks nice, and it sounds good, its just not loud. The glasspack sounds nice, and its rly loud, i just would want a system to go with the muffler ya know?

Your existing exhaust system will function just fine with a muffler swap. You're better off not spending the hundreds of dollars for a catback that will do the same thing as your current exhaust...looking at this as a budget perspective.

The sound is a little louder then what you hear on YouTube. To me it's just right. My wife hears me coming through the parking lot of the grocery store when I pick her up front when it's raining. Maybe find someone with the TRD exhaust in your area. Maybe even go by the dealership. I'm sure they have one on the lot. Just an idea before you start forking out some $$.

Back