Extended cab Vent window but and cap.

Discussion in '1995 - 2004 Toyota Tacoma' started by MuddyBeaver, May 22, 2018.

1. MuddyBeaver

MuddyBeaver New Member

So I was driving down the highway the other day when all of a sudden my passenger side vent window popped. Didn’t think much of it, thought some degree popped up and hit it. Then I was washing my car yesterday and realized the top but and cap that hold the window on popped off. Just wondering if anyone knows the name of this part or can send me a link to get a new one. I want oem, I’ve seen these Dorman ones but they don’t look like an exact replacement. I’ve googled the name of the Dorman part but all I get back is the inside latch.
    Thanks!

View attachment 18101 View attachment 18102 .

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Can you post some pictures of exactly what you lost, where it is and what it looks like.

Tacomania likes this.
  4. OP
    MuddyBeaver

MuddyBeaver New Member

IMG_1825.jpg

Sorry for delayed response. Here is a picture of my window with the bolt and cap missing

5. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Did you try the dealer parts counter to get the part number so you can look it up?