First snow!

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by MamaTurtle27, Nov 30, 2019.

1. MamaTurtle27

MamaTurtle27 Member

Snow in the forecast for Monday, can’t wait to see how my Taco handles in it.

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. fishnwiz

fishnwiz Member

I bought one last year, first 4x4, first year we haven’t had any snow

Scott Wyman and OR17TRD like this.
  4. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

It’s a Toyota 4x4 it will so good.
    That said... Tires are a big contributor to how a vehicle handles in snow/ice.
    Driver experience plays a big part as well.

TacomaRob and Scott Wyman like this.
  5. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

Drive safe. Just because you have a 4x4 doesnt mean you throw safety out the window.

6. OP
    MamaTurtle27

MamaTurtle27 Member

I’m coming from a Camry before the truck which was horrible in snow and we have major hills in my neighborhood. Just looking forward to not being stuck.

Scott Wyman and OR17TRD like this.
  7. Coldrider

Coldrider New Member

4x4 will help you go but it won't help you stop.

Scott Wyman and bdarnold12 like this.
  8. bdarnold12

bdarnold12 Well-Known Member

^^^^^^^^ we don't get much snow around here but when we do all the 4x4 retards gotta get out and show how fast they can get thru the snow. I call them retards because they don't think about having to stop.

Scott Wyman and B-Man like this.
  9. 88e30m50

88e30m50 Member

Snow tires are the key to getting around with a lot of snow. I used to run a set of Blizzaks on my Tundra and that old girl could go just about anywhere. Our Subaru was a tank in any snow that I could test it with and that was running Blizzaks as well. I have a photo of the car at the shooting range in snow deep enough to have been plowed a bit by the air dam. Snow tires make a huge difference in any vehIcle but AWD or 4WD vehicles really shine with a set.