Fixing big dent.

Thewarriordinghy

How much, or how could you fix a big dent in the side of the bed near the rear bumper? I'll post a pic tommorow. The old plunger trick didn't work.

How much, or how could you fix a big dent in the side of the bed near the rear bumper? I'll post a pic tommorow. The old plunger trick didn't work.

If you have a crease in that dent just go straight to the body shop. If not just get behind it and lightly bang out the dent. Not with a steel hammer though. Or you could just deal with it. Every battle scar has a story with it.

Very true. Have the other persons insurance pay for it. If that's the case. Worse case is you have to pay for it.

I work at a Toyota body shop. Don't be surprised when the estimate approaches $2000.00.
How did you end up there? I'm going to be doing an auto body course next year for my first year of college. Did you go through any type of auto body training?

I work at a Toyota body shop. Don't be surprised when the estimate approaches $2000.00.
Maaco would probably be a little cheaper, I don't know how they are quality wise. Paint and material costs have skyrocketed in the last few years.

How did you end up there? I'm going to be doing an auto body course next year for my first year of college. Did you go through any type of auto body training?
I had some training 30 plus years ago, and have done body work in my home shop off and on.Dealership shops are nice because you're working mostly on one brand, and can assemble them in your sleep after a while.

I had some training 30 plus years ago, and have done body work in my home shop off and on.Dealership shops are nice because you're working mostly on one brand, and can assemble them in your sleep after a while.
I eventually want to end up at a Toyota or Lexus dealership. Any tips on what they look for in a body man?

I eventually want to end up at a Toyota or Lexus dealership. Any tips on what they look for in a body man?
Not sure what they look for. Someone who is detail oriented and can perform quality work I guess. Customers don't want to see any trace of the accident when they pick up their car. And it didn't hurt to know the owner either.

Not sure what they look for. Someone who is detail oriented and can perform quality work I guess. Customers don't want to see any trace of the accident when they pick up their car. And it didn't hurt to know the owner either.
Thanks....hopefully I'll make it there one day

Maaco would probably be a little cheaper, I don't know how they are quality wise. Paint and material costs have skyrocketed in the last few years.
Yeah, but they don't have much area to paint... Mostly just touch ups. I saw a tool that can fix dents? I figure it couldn't get it all, but maybe most of it?

Yeah, but they don't have much area to paint... Mostly just touch ups. I saw a tool that can fix dents? I figure it couldn't get it all, but maybe most of it?

Try a dent king. They have everything. Mirrors etc. we had a hail storm a month after I bought my '09. The debt guy came and got all of the little dents out. Even used an iron on my hood to pull the little ones out. I was blown away. Just a thought for ya.

Try a dent king. They have everything. Mirrors etc. we had a hail storm a month after I bought my '09. The debt guy came and got all of the little dents out. Even used an iron on my hood to pull the little ones out. I was blown away. Just a thought for ya.
Is it expensive?

I had over 150 dents from the hail. So it cost $1500. I wouldn't think it would be more then $300. Plus the price of touch up paint.

Back