fog light installation

ed martin

I have a 2015 Tacoma that came without fog lights. I recently purchased a set of OEM lights via e-bay. Any suggestions on installation? There was a video on you tube, but I believe it may have been pulled off the air, as it is no where to found these days.
Thanks

I have a 2015 Tacoma that came without fog lights. I recently purchased a set of OEM lights via e-bay. Any suggestions on installation? There was a video on you tube, but I believe it may have been pulled off the air, as it is no where to found these days.
Thanks
They are easy. If you run into problems just ask and post pics of the trouble areas you have

According to my dealership yes. The actual story is that I had made arrangements for the dealer to install last weekend. About a month prior I had the dealer look at the truck to confirm that it was pre-wired-which they did at the time. So I bring it to the un-named dealer in Latham NY, at the appointed time, and am told that they will need 1-3 hours to install! Obviously it was not a job that they were interested in doing on a Saturday morning.....too bad, as this kind of thing doesn't help their rep in the community.

According to my dealership yes. The actual story is that I had made arrangements for the dealer to install last weekend. About a month prior I had the dealer look at the truck to confirm that it was pre-wired-which they did at the time. So I bring it to the un-named dealer in Latham NY, at the appointed time, and am told that they will need 1-3 hours to install! Obviously it was not a job that they were interested in doing on a Saturday morning.....too bad, as this kind of thing doesn't help their rep in the community.
weak.

I didnt even watch the video with sound, but Id imagine u need to find the wire harness (prolly tucked in by the fogs), find the switch blank on the dash, pop in the fuse, slap in fogs, connect wires, and done?

sorry its been a couple yrs since Ive had mine out........I got water in them and bought a used set off a 2010.I wanna say they are held in by a couple push type plastic fingers?

Well I got the lights installed today....finally. The problem is that the company that I purchased the lights from provided a 5-PIN switch, while the pre-wired connection is 4-pin....unbelievable!

Hey ed..
Did you get them to work??? I was wondering if you could get a set of fogs from a salvage yard and reinstall them in your truck. Toyota OEM parts might just be all plug and snap in???

Awaiting delivery of my 4-pin switch from a Toyota parts place in Florida. I had checked with the local dealership and they wanted $68 for the switch....and it also would have to be ordered by them! Should be here in a few days and then we'll see, I am saving nearly $30.00 by going this route.

ok....so this is where t stands. I received my OEM switch and installed it.....no problem. Turned on power and lights and nothing. Viewed video once more on You Tube and purchased a 12 volt relay (4 pin) and installed (according to the parts store this was the relay for the fog lights on my truck)....no damn luck. So I am back to the beginning. I am questioning whether the relay I purchased is the proper one, as it would appear via the fuse box that the relay should be a 5-pin relay! Any suggestions welcome. My "Plan B" is to check all the connections-from the bumperto dash.....again, suggestions are very welcome.

ok....so this is where t stands. I received my OEM switch and installed it.....no problem. Turned on power and lights and nothing. Viewed video once more on You Tube and purchased a 12 volt relay (4 pin) and installed (according to the parts store this was the relay for the fog lights on my truck)....no damn luck. So I am back to the beginning. I am questioning whether the relay I purchased is the proper one, as it would appear via the fuse box that the relay should be a 5-pin relay! Any suggestions welcome. My "Plan B" is to check all the connections-from the bumperto dash.....again, suggestions are very welcome.
Take a relay out of an existing spot in the fuse box and try that if it works good to go. new relay.

I am trying to do the same. Where is the relay for the fog lights? I could not find it.

Back