Fog lights and wiper switch

Discussion in '2005 - 2015 Toyota Tacoma' started by acgreen01, May 15, 2019.

1. acgreen01

acgreen01 Member

I'm new to this group. I have a 2012 base model 4wd tocoma. I am looking to add fog lights. I seen ebay and a kit for about $40. Wondering if anyone has used this kit or recommends a fog lighg kit? Also i don't have intermittent wipers just hi and low and wondering if i could swap it with a switch that does. Mine has never had fog lights installed Screenshot_20190515-200148_Gallery.jpeg Screenshot_20190515-200215_eBay.jpeg

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    Scott Wyman, OR17TRD and mtl_76 like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. mtl_76

mtl_76 Well-Known Member

Go for it, anything is possible. Wish you find what you need.

4. VBTacoma

VBTacoma Well-Known Member

I bought replacement ones off eBay for $27. I was surprised that they came with the wiring harness and switch. Mine already had fog lights. I haven’t had any problems except the fact that they are so damn bright that they blind people in front of me. I say go for it!

5. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum :)

Scott Wyman and B-Man like this.
  6. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

Welcome to the family. Give it a shot. Amazon has a decent return policy. The wiper switch swap may be a little more involved, but should still work too.

B-Man likes this.
  7. paughms

paughms Well-Known Member

FYI: Fog lights are for fog.

B-Man likes this.
  8. Scott Wyman

Nu ah! Fog lights are for looking cool. :cool:

OR17TRD, Crawdad, B-Man and 1 other person like this.
  9. Nogdog007

Nogdog007 Well-Known Member

I installed those exact dogs in my 2nd gen. Been a year now and still work fine. Easy to install. Hardest part was getting the switch installed. If you use the switches by your left knee they are the easiest to get to.

kp.taco and Scott Wyman like this.
  10. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

Did the dog look like this? I'm just playin.. Screenshot_20190525-100912_Google.jpg

11. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

LMAO.........old style horn right there!

kp.taco likes this.
  12. Scott Wyman

Haha! Is that the new Raptor turbo charges v-6? :confused:

kp.taco and B-Man like this.
  13. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

Could be.

14. Garrick

Garrick Well-Known Member

Usually the woofer goes inside the cab.

Scott Wyman, kp.taco and Jack Straw like this.
  15. Nogdog007

Nogdog007 Well-Known Member

Everytime I turn on the switch I heard a barking noise. That may explain it.

Scott Wyman, kp.taco and B-Man like this.
  16. Scott Wyman

Haha that's too funny!;)

B-Man and Garrick like this.
  17. OP
    acgreen01

acgreen01 Member

Got the fog light kit of ebay. Install went great. Had to use a fuse tap to get my switch power. Didn't want to use a fuse tap but had too. Just don't like how bright the switch is but fog lights are super bright. While I was at it I added in the led reverse lights and added in the usb ports. This is my first toyota and I am loving it. Any other cheap mods I can do? Lol 20190601_152254.jpeg 20190608_172421.jpeg 20190608_172356.jpeg 20190608_172409.jpeg 20190608_172534.jpeg Screenshot_20190608-172831_eBay.jpeg

B-Man likes this.
  18. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Lotsa cheap mods you can do.....let your imagination run wild.....your checkbook will eventually run wild too. LOL

Scott Wyman likes this.
  19. OP
    acgreen01

acgreen01 Member

I want a bull bar but everyone thinks they are made of gold

Scott Wyman likes this.
  20. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Yep.....they ask alot of money for those. Really haven't found a use for one myself.

Scott Wyman likes this.
  21. OP
    acgreen01

acgreen01 Member

I'm mainly wanting one to mount a light bar on. That and there is alot of deer around

Scott Wyman and B-Man like this.