Found a more flush modular bull bar

It looks good from the front, but ... and this may sound like heresy ... but it appears all for show. Any pressure pushing back on the top will mash those wimpy brackets damaging the wimpy Toyota stuff behind. Is anyone actually using it for a brush guard? Will it just bend the brackets by bouncing with off-road use. What am I missing?

It looks good from the front, but ... and this may sound like heresy ... but it appears all for show. Any pressure pushing back on the top will mash those wimpy brackets damaging the wimpy Toyota stuff behind. Is anyone actually using it for a brush guard? Will it just bend the brackets by bouncing with off-road use. What am I missing?

It’ll help protect with some slow speed incidents like an idiot backing into your front end in a parking lot, etc. But at a high rate of speed it’s not going to help you. Honestly though, if you hit something at speed your Tacoma is toast anyway. It’s nothing but plastic up front.
If you’re planning on doing some serious rock crawling and off roading and want to strengthen up your front end you need to invest in a new bumper like a Fab Fours or something.
I use my truck as a daily driver. I get enough off road and 4x4 time with hunting, fishing, and our winters. I’m not going to climb a rock cliff or go trail driving at Moab. I just take it wherever I need to go.

My brackets are pretty much the same as bogunn. The brackets are pretty stiff and won't bend from bouncing around 4×4ing. They bolt on the bumper support and there sorta a pain in the butt to tighten the bolts since they give you no room. I had to cut about a 3in.×3in chunk out of the corner of the inside lower wheel well cover but its not noticeable.

Back