Front view camera

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by chadley, Aug 12, 2018 at 9:09 PM.

1. chadley

chadley Well-Known Member

Has anyone installed a front view camera on their truck? With a lift, I want to be able to see the road/track in front etc.

If you have or have any details, please share.

Pics would be awesome.

Thx.

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    chadley

No feedback here?

4. gunningreg33

gunningreg33 Member

Wish this was a standard option given the larger front end/tall nose to look over

5. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

I've been wanting to add a front view to my truck but haven't. I would get something with multi views.

6. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Suggestions?

7. geekyadam

geekyadam Well-Known Member

What you're looking for is called a multiplexer, and they're about $50:
    Toughsty 4Ch Mini Color Video Quad Splitter Multiplexer Processor Switcher for CCTV Security Camera https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WW8N5SW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_Y5XCBbJV4EXW8

8. geekyadam

geekyadam Well-Known Member

9. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

The camera itself had multiple views. This would be more for multiple cameras.

Alpine had a multi view camera with it's own control box so that output was just video. Seems like you have to buy that separately now.

geekyadam likes this.
  10. OP
    chadley

Thanks guys. Very helpful. I looked on YouTube and there was a guy from Trdmod.com that had a good tutorial overview. Went to the site though and the camera was not on it. Regardless good intel there. Thx again.

OR17TRD likes this.