Fuel injectors

Run good fuel, dont let the tank get below 1/4 full, run a fuel system cleaner erry once in awhile, dont fillup if u see a tanker refilling the station at the time either

Run good fuel, dont let the tank get below 1/4 full, run a fuel system cleaner erry once in awhile, dont fillup if u see a tanker refilling the station at the time either

My gas light comes on with 15 litres remaining. With an 80L tank, thats about a 1/4. Also, I have a buddy who used to work for a gas station. He confirms that filling up while there is a tanker is the worst time because the water sinks to the bottom, and when they refill it, it remixes in all the water at the bottom of the tank so you have a better chance of getting water in your gas. I haven't done a fuel system cleaner. Maybe I will give that a try sometime.

My gas light comes on with 15 litres remaining. With an 80L tank, thats about a 1/4. Also, I have a buddy who used to work for a gas station. He confirms that filling up while there is a tanker is the worst time because the water sinks to the bottom, and when they refill it, it remixes in all the water at the bottom of the tank so you have a better chance of getting water in your gas. I haven't done a fuel system cleaner. Maybe I will give that a try sometime.

What does the fuel needle read when the light comes on?

Unless the station is a crappy back country station, the chance of water is low because that would mean seepage of both water and fuel. Fuel system cleaners and cleaning procedures are pretty much a gimmick.

Unless the station is a crappy back country station, the chance of water is low because that would mean seepage of both water and fuel. Fuel system cleaners and cleaning procedures are pretty much a gimmick.

What about sediment?
Plus everything damn near has ethanol now and its hygroscopic.

The light comes on when I have somewhere between 1/8 and 1/16 of a tank. And I always fill up as soon as possible (don't want to be stranded lol) and it takes about 65 litres to fill it up.
Yeah I always had my doubts about smaller gas stations. There is one station I stop at, they offer $0.05 off/L and I seem to get worse mileage with that gasoline. Coincidence? Possible, but not likely..
And about the fuel cleaner/additives, I know they don't work for E testing. My Dad's old van failed and he bought a bottle of that stuff and the second time around his emissions were worse!
Fortunately in Ontario, our Premier Doug the Thug scrapped the whole program. So now that my catalytic converter crapped out, I don't really care because I don't have a test to pass any more :D

Back