grease for '97 4WD Tacoma calipers

4Xtruck

The FSM says use lithium soap base glycol grease for the piston parts and disc brake grease on the inner anti-squeal shim. I have Sil-Glyde BK-4 brake lubricant, Sta-Lube SL3301 brake caliper synthetic grease, Super Lube with PTFE (rated at 450°) and CarQuest Disc Brake Quiet #2065. Can I use any of the products I already have, or do you recommend other specific products. I have uneven wear on my pads. Primarily, the top piston on the driver's side is causing extreme wear on the top of that pad.

I use this stuff IMG_2850.JPG The super lube would be fine it says it's Anti Friction, Ball, Roller, Wheel Bearings, Hubs, Axles, Chassis, Shocks, Springs compatible.

I've always used the stuff at orieleys/Napa. Never really paid any attention to the contents honestly. I know that's kinda stupid on my part, but I've never had any braking issues either other than preventative maintenance stuff...

I rebuilt my calipers and replaced my pads. I used brake fluid as the lubricant for all internal caliper components. I used CarQuest Disc Brake Quiet #2065 between the anti-squeal plate and the pistons. I used Sil-Glyde BK-4 brake lubricant on the pins, between the pads and anti-squeal plates and outside of the piston boots for RH brake, and I used Super Lube with PTFE (rated at 450°) on the pins, between the pads and anti-squeal plates and outside of the piston boots for LH brake. I'll keep my eye on the brakes over time to see there is a performance difference between Sil-Glyde and Super Lube.

I rebuilt my calipers and replaced my pads. I used brake fluid as the lubricant for all internal caliper components. I used CarQuest Disc Brake Quiet #2065 between the anti-squeal plate and the pistons. I used Sil-Glyde BK-4 brake lubricant on the pins, between the pads and anti-squeal plates and outside of the piston boots for RH brake, and I used Super Lube with PTFE (rated at 450°) on the pins, between the pads and anti-squeal plates and outside of the piston boots for LH brake. I'll keep my eye on the brakes over time to see there is a performance difference between Sil-Glyde and Super Lube.

I say grease the pads & see how long it takes to stop.... haha j/k

good job as long as caliper is building/holding pressure, no leaks , etc:...

Back