Has the cold killed your battery?

BigMau

Well, the cold weather just killed the original battery in my 2009 Tacoma. Went to the dealer... and did not even price a toyota battery. The service replacements are made in Mexico. Purchased a NAPA Legend 75. Made here in the USA and on sale.

Here's the question....

While testing the charging system.. I noticed the alternator was producing 13.4 VDC? Kinda low so I replaced the serp. belt. Now I have around 14.2 VDC. The belt did not have any cracks, however, I felt kinda dry.
I replaced it with a Napa belt and all is good. Looking back on my service records.... The dealer claimed they replaced the belt (I'm the second owner of this truck). I'm kinda questioning the honesty of my local dealer?

Anyone have problems with the serp. belt

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1424442184.298261.jpg
After spending 4 years in south Florida for school and moving back up to CT to start a career I can't express how much I miss summer

On topic I've had zero problems with the cold affecting battery. Even left my two 7" crew lights on over night and she fired right up.

True.... I see this pic posted on white lake marina facebook page (white lake, ontario). The last two winters have been rough :))

Back