Hello everyone!

I've sometimes just left my Artic Cat mountain sled in my pickup much of the winter because the extra weight was nice. I just wish it wasn't so long I am always concerned about someone rear ending me with it in there. Once I get my Canyon, I doubt that I will leave it in unless actually going sledding, the box is too bloody short at just 6 feet long, so even with the tailgate left down its going to hang several feet off the back. But I tend to use the snowmobile trailer a lot more now as well.

Last edited:
I've sometimes just left my Artic Cat mountain sled in my pickup much of the winter because the extra weight was nice. I just wish it wasn't so long I am always concerned about someone rear ending me with it in there. Once I get my Canyon, I doubt that I will leave it in unless actually going sledding, the box is too bloody short at just 6 feet long, so even with the tailgate left down its going to hang several feet off the back. But I tend to use the snowmobile trailer a lot more now as well.
BC, so you haul your sled and trailer with a Tacoma? What kind of trailer?

BC, so you haul your sled and trailer with a Tacoma? What kind of trailer?

I do not a Tacoma.
Pulled and hauled with my full Ram, which has been a great truck, but I am downsizing to a Canyon that is on order. My trailers are a Wells cargo enclosed, and a Southland trailer is what my boats on. I sold my really heavy trailers, and my needs have changed, so I felt comfortable deciding to downsize my pickup. If I find out that the Canyon isn't enough truck in the future, I can go back to a larger one for my next pickup. I have bought a new truck every 2 to 4 years on average, so it will not be my last one. As I am not really brand preferential like some are, who knows what the next one will be. Honestly I wish that Honda would build a larger pickup with more power. I enjoyed the car like interior and the stereo system in the box, plus the funky cooler storage bin under the bed. The box is just too short, and it felt anemic on the hwy. The Canyon was my favorite overall pick, but who knows if I will still like it after I own it a year. The Canyon diesel was very disappointing, it felt like it had the power equivalent of a 1960 vw beetle that was still on the original plugs and air filter, so barely ran. The gas V6 felt adequately peppy in it though. It sure isn't going to win any drag races, and my current Ram hemi would beat it easily, but it isn't often that I floor it anyway.

Last edited:
I do not a Tacomo.
Pulled and hauled with my full Ram, which has been a great truck, but I am downsizing to a Canyon that is on order. My trailers are a Wells cargo enclosed, and a Southland trailer is what my boats on. I sold my really heavy trailers, and my needs have changed, so I felt comfortable deciding to downsize my pickup. If I find out that the Canyon isn't enough truck in the future, I can go back to a larger one for my next pickup. I have bought a new truck every 2 to 4 years on average, so it will not be my last one. As I am not really brand preferential like some are, who knows what the next one will be. Honestly I wish that Honda would build a larger pickup with more power. I enjoyed the car like interior and the stereo system in the box, plus the funky cooler storage bin under the bed. The box is just too short, and it felt anemic on the hwy. The Canyon was my favorite overall pick, but who knows if I will still like it after I own it a year. The Canyon diesel was very disappointing, it felt like it had the power equivalent of a 1960 vw beetle that was still on the original plugs and air filter, so barely ran. The gas V6 felt adequately peppy in it though. It sure isn't going to win any drag races, and my current Ram hemi would beat it easily, but it isn't often that I floor it anyway.
okie dokie, good to know. thank you, sir. [emoji5]

Back