Help!!!!3 inch lift drive line shutter????

smokinjoe

BEER ALWAYS GETS ME STUCK
I put a 3in rough country lift on my 07 trd off road 4x4 it seems when you're taking off from a stop light the driveline shutters at about 10 miles an hour i replaced the carrier bearing (it was bad and thought that was the shaft jumpin up and down WRONG) so now im thinkin i need to shim the carrier down a bit just wondering if anybody else had this problem

Im thinkin its that but was just wondering if anyone else had that issue

Some people have it after lifting and others are perfectly fine. My truck shutters at anything more than 50% throttle from a light and I'm stock. I bet my truck will need a new driveshaft built.

Last edited:
I have it in my 2001 Trd sport. 3" ready lift and after 5 yrs it's starting to get worse. What about a driveshaft swap from 2 piece to 1 piece? I herd that works and am looking to swap. Anyone done this yet?

Thats what ive heard from all the mechanics at my dealership. They all say its the lame 2 piece design. The lifts throw the angles off which causes the shudder. Tacos have always had a natural lil vibrate between like 20 and 35 mph but lifts seem to just worsen the problem. But man i still love my taco!

Im doing a full overhaul tho and putting a nice new suspension lift kit in. Right now i just have spacer lift with a leaf added in back, i do hVe bilstein 5100s so it is a pretty decent ride considering the lessened suspension travel

Back