Help with Accessory lighting options

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by agordo, Jun 28, 2019.

1. agordo

agordo Member

Finally got some money aside to make my truck stand out. I want to add the following with possibly a few more in the future.
    1.Led hidden light bar controlled with the Cali raised interior backlit button
    2. Bed lighting with the switch in the bed as a master control
    3. Ditch lights also controlled with the Cali raised interior button.

My question is I know very little about car lighting and have read around that an external fuse block is the best way to go but I don't know if that's overkill or not. Can anyone that has a few light mods chime in on this I want to order that I need this weekend. Thanks guys

Scott Wyman likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. 2018TuRD

2018TuRD Well-Known Member

I got rgb rock lights...competely run it off the Bluetooth app with an add a fuse for power. Got a cali raised set up behind the grille...works good with their wiring harness to the battery A85A505B-B0AF-41C9-B94E-EEE57BAA87B3.jpg 24A94249-D99D-4FB6-B909-AB86692BE4C1.jpg

4. OP
    agordo

agordo Member

What's the purpose of the add a fuse and how does that get wired up ? Why doesn't the light bar need one as well? Sorry if these ?'s seem foolish just trying to grasp what I need

Scott Wyman likes this.
  5. m(a)ce

m(a)ce Member

another option would be to install a controller box for switching the lighting like an sPOD or Switch Pros. Bluetooth control is available too.

I just finished installing an sPOD SE in mine. 5th one I’ve put in my vehicles. Definitely fuller price way to go but they always work and get rid of superfluous wiring.

Basically you’d install it (or a Switch Pros, etc) in the engine compartment (I used a Powertrays bracket), wire it to the battery and pass the cable for the switches or touchscreen through the firewall.

Any light (or almost accessory) you add just needs to have the positive and negative wire run to the base in the engine bay. no other fuses needed for lighting just a positive and negative.

I went with the touchscreen this time mounted on a Ram ball/Hondo Garage mount.

and that’s it. nice, clean engine compartment and easy install of additional lights, etc.

IMG_0650.jpg

IMG_0656.jpg

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    Davin Sirpenski and Scott Wyman like this.
  6. OP
    agordo

agordo Member

Nice set up that is probably a little more than I want to spend but I see the functionality your talking about. What would be a cheaper option for 2/3 lighting accessories to power off of

Scott Wyman likes this.
  7. OP
    agordo

agordo Member

^^^

Scott Wyman likes this.
  8. m(a)ce

m(a)ce Member

here’s a link to a video install that should help walk you through it

also check out the Cali Raised youtube channel for some other install tips

texasred and Scott Wyman like this.
  9. CaliRaisedLed

CaliRaisedLed Well-Known Member

Thanks for choosing us! Please let me know if you have any questions.

10. 2018TuRD

Love your stuff..about to place another order soon

CaliRaisedLed likes this.
  11. 2018TuRD

Order placed....I feel like I'm downright spending too much $$$ on this damn truck lol

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    garetvg and CaliRaisedLed like this.
  12. jeff bartrem

jeff bartrem New Member

anyone have the fuse panel wiring diagram for a 2016 Taco? Thanks.

13. CaliRaisedLed

CaliRaisedLed Well-Known Member

Thanks for choosing us and yes I know what you mean. ;)

14. texasred and Scott Wyman like this.