Hesitation while driving.

mshane06

I have a 96 Tacoma 2.4. I recently had an ignition coil go out so I had that replaced along with an igniter but now I notice while I'm driving the engine hesitates all the time. There's no check engine light, my plugs are good, wires are good, distrib cap is good. My K&N air filter is clean, my MAF is clean. while it was in the shop they slightly adjusted the timing chain because they said it felt sluggish. It never hesitated before they made the change but on the other hand if it was the timing chain I would think that it would hesitate constantly. Some days are worse than others. While the engine is cold it runs fine but once it warms up within a couple of minutes it begins hesitating while going down the road at half or full throttle. is anybody else having the same problem as me???????????????
HELP PLEASE.

I have a 96 Tacoma 2.4. I recently had an ignition coil go out so I had that replaced along with an igniter but now I notice while I'm driving the engine hesitates all the time. There's no check engine light, my plugs are good, wires are good, distrib cap is good. My K&N air filter is clean, my MAF is clean. while it was in the shop they slightly adjusted the timing chain because they said it felt sluggish. It never hesitated before they made the change but on the other hand if it was the timing chain I would think that it would hesitate constantly. Some days are worse than others. While the engine is cold it runs fine but once it warms up within a couple of minutes it begins hesitating while going down the road at half or full throttle. is anybody else having the same problem as me???????????????
HELP PLEASE.
Have you checked the TPS?

Have you checked the TPS?
I'm not familiar with the TPS on my Engine to be totally honest. I actually hooked up an OBD tester and it threw a P401 which has something to do with the EGR valve. I'm gonna look for any leaks and see if I come up with anything. Thanks for the idea

Back