Hey y'all!

I recently bought my first Tacoma, a 2020 TRD Sport 4x4. I researched a ton before purchasing and she didn't disappoint. I love it! I joined the group because like almost every Taco owner, I began looking at making some upgrades to her but I don't know where to start. I don't want to buy something only to find out I bought the wrong something and end up buying twice. I apologize now because many of my questions will probably be noobish….like; is anyone running 32's on stock wheels? If so, how does it look and perform? If you had to do over again, would you go with 33's?
Welcome to the forum!

currently I am running 265/75/R16 with a 1"leveling spacer in front on a 2013 double cab TRD. what is the biggest tire I can go? I want to do a lift but the wifey is due soon and she already has a hard time getting in the truck. i do pull a travel trailer and like to go off roading but nothing crazy, but where cars can't go. I would love to find someone here in AZ to help me install a lift, any offers LOL.

The lift i was looking at was this https://www.toyteclifts.com/ome-tak-ome-tacoma-suspension-lift-kit-05-15-tacoma.html, my shop said parts/labor 2700.00.

I would offer another approach.

Suggest driving the truck for a few weeks, months or year to discover what you need or want.

Many times a lift and bigger tires open more problems. Leading to the truck becoming a "Boat" aka Bust Out Another Thousand

Also suggest spending time with the Owner's Manual fiddling with all the gadgets to understand the features and capabilities of the truck.

I can tell you bone stock these trucks are very capable of going off road. Unless it's going to be something serious, I'd stay away from lifts, and big tires. They kill performance, and fuel economy. The gearing these trucks are sent out with do not favor bigger heavier tires.

I love my truck. I am the original owner, so I know how she handles. She is great off road.

MPG
I noticed I am only getting 12-13 MPG, when i use to get 16mpg. nothing has change with the truck. i change the air filters which improved MPG to 14 and then after 2 fill ups went back down. any suggestions on what it could be?

Towing
I pull a 2700lb travel trailer. She does good, a little sluggish on the hills, but a good truck. I have sag in the back and wondered if I should install stiffer springs/leafs and i have an anti-sway hitch that is heavy 400lb tongue weight. Will the trucks anti-sway be efficient enough I can remove the heavy duty hitch?

If over 75k miles could be the O2 sensors are getting tired, plus cleaning the mfa sensor, and throttle body after 40k miles would help.
As for sagging leaf springs...add some helper springs like sumo's. So far towing my 2k lb boat has been ok on the rear leafs, but my boat is pretty good with the tongue weight not being overly excessive. No problem with my 5x10 utility trailer either.

Back