Hmmm

cookie47

Any clue why my sisters 11 model v6 taco sport with 170,000 miles has better acceleration and more power than my 2015 v6 trd off road with 40,000? Lol

Any clue why my sisters 11 model v6 taco sport with 170,000 miles has better acceleration and more power than my 2015 v6 trd off road with 40,000? Lol
There is an accelerator on the right where your feet are. Use it :D
Also an off-road weighs a little more than a sport. Shouldn’t be enough to make a noticeable difference.

Lmfao nah I’m not about to spend money just to hear my sister Bragg about her truck being quicker than mine lmao I just drove hers and was like wtf

Y’all shoulda heard her ass when she got new tires and sized up. “My truck sits higher than yours” hahaha still true until this weekend lol

Either she added a REAL performance part, not a silly intake or exhaust kinda crap, ur trucks overweight, ur tires are stupid heavy, or ur truck needs a major tuneup.

The single vvti 1grfe v6 from 2005 to 2015 in the tacoma has always made 236 horse power at the crank. Id expect plus or minus a cpl hp, but nothing drastic.

Are they both the same transmission?
Auto/auto
Man/man

both 4x4 or both 4x2?

Last edited:
a 2011
v6 4x4 access cab for instance does have a curb weight of
4,045 to 4,070

a 2015 v6 4x4 access cab is
4,105 to 4,140

per toyota spec sheets............... add in any trim level crap and custom crap........... theres a slight difference, plus any tire changes may tweak the ratio some

2011 vs 2015 spec sheets

Attachments

• 2011 tacoma spec sheet.pdf
    206.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 2015+toyota+tacoma+product+specs.pdf
    102 KB · Views: 5
Great info bojangles! Thank ya and maybe it’s a lot in my head or I could use some new plugs.(any suggestions) or maybe I’m pretty much kicking myself in the ass from a few weekends ago I think.

Great info bojangles! Thank ya and maybe it’s a lot in my head or I could use some new plugs.(any suggestions) or maybe I’m pretty much kicking myself in the ass from a few weekends ago I think.

meanwhile a 2005 of the same model is

3,950 to 3,960

keep in mind this has no real meaning to YOUR truck vs HER truck

2006 offroad prerunner access cab on a scale for instance:
I am at 4400lbs with atleast half tank, toolbox, tools, and additional ****, with me in it

Back