Holiday sale on OEM parts, 41% off MSRP!

There isn't any. It's nothing but brainwashing for the gullible, started from a bunch of gen1 groupies. I use to hear the same bs from others about my gen1 tundra how it was the king, till I got a gen3 tacoma, owning it for a few years now. You have to be smart/wise enough not to get caught up in it.

Last edited:
I run into so many out there in the jungle that would label U some tuckfard
Met a guy hauling cars out of Michigan tonight at the J stop that said the gen1 is legit
And they Do not make these little pickups best little guys ever has been made

Listen, you and your gen1 groupies need to wise up. Toyota would have continued to build smaller gen1 tacoma's if their sales continued to be so good. Instead more customers wanted larger trucks with more room, same even is true today. Maybe toyota can satisfy you guys by building this smaller unibody truck called the spout, or squirt, whatever it's called.

Perhaps the feds required more safety features like curtain airbags and other nanny stuff

My rig has NO passenger airbag it is that ancient believe it or believe it not

What has that got to do with toyota building larger tacoma's?
As far as all the nanny bs...you can thank the insurance companies that lobbied for all that crap. With all the bad drivers on the roads today, these auto manufactures are installing this crap to protect a driver from themselves. Heck, you should know that by now.

If you add up the cost of every replacement part from toyota the truck has....even at 30% off, it comes to 3 time's more than what the trucks msrp was.

Yeah, but you obviously haven't heard. There are 3 people who value the rusted, clapped out truck at well over $100,000. I think 2 of them are certifiable and the last one is on this forum.

The irony is a new truck with all the latest innovations, creature comforts, increased mpg and improved safety features can be had for about $45,000.

Yeah, but you obviously haven't heard. There are 3 people who value the rusted, clapped out truck at well over $100,000. I think 2 of them are certifiable and the last one is on this forum.

The irony is a new truck with all the latest innovations, creature comforts, increased mpg and improved safety features can be had for about $45,000.
I got a good chuckle from that one, but I think all 3 qualify to be certifiable. I can tell you I'd never give-up my gen3 taco, and go back to a gen1, even if that gen1 was in pristine cond. with less miles than my gen3.

Last edited:
Noted when ordering any parts that have been discounted by many of these toyota dealers. Most dealers I researched are all over the lot with markups over the original price what the part should be, then they they claim these crazy discount prices that really don't turn out to be much of a discount at all. It's all a marketing game to sucker buyers in to buy more parts. Imo, stick with dealers that sell a large volume of parts, as they buy at a lower cost to begin with.

Nobody pays msrp unless stupid. I've seen where many dealers ignore msrp and make up their own prices which can vary greatly from dealer to dealer for the exact same part.

45k~50k and UP trucks will and do need pricey parts replaced ALSO

At least those are nice comfortable trucks to drive vs some clapped out old rig. Heck if you want a vehicle cheap to keep that can go 50 miles on a gal of gas, get a prius. You'll regularly see them here with over 250k miles still going strong. Granted its not the most exciting thing to drive, but its good in snow, and its cheap ultra reliable transportation to own.

my rig is still mostly comfortable, i was able to wheel it 300 miles non-stop yesterday with no need to get out until time for fresh tacoJuice
just the windy noise and now what i think is heavy abnormal transmission noise at much higher speeds is concerning

Heck when I owned my tundra, I did many 550 mile 9 hr trips into quebec during the winter, only stopping for fuel. That truck rode better than some big ass sedans. This gen3 taco rides pretty nice too, just a more sporty type ride.

Back