How has ownership of your truck been so far?

I’m 55. My first truck at 17 was an 84 Toyota pick up with the old 22-R that ran like a top!! I was a kid and beat the living hell out of that old 5 speed manual, I lowered it (like a dumb kid but hey! It was the 80’s) used to throw dirt bikes in there every weekend and head out to the desert or the mountains in the snow during the winter, cruised down to Tijuana many many times. Got rid of it when it had 285,000 miles on it and all I ever did was changed the engine oil, flushed the radiator (when I thought about it which was on very rare occasion being a teenager). I never did the rear diff oil or changed the gear oil and sold it in 1993 with 285,000 miles, it had a SMALL oil leak on the rear main seal, nothing bad and I’ve missed that truck and wished I never sold it but it never ever let me down, since then I’ve owned chevys. Fords, Mercedes’ etc. then back in 2012 I came back to my senses and bought my brand new 2011 Tacoma TRD Sport 4X4, crew cab. Super white V-6 4.0 and I now have 112,000 miles on it and I’ll never ever get rid of this truck. Literally the best truck made in my opinion is Toyota!! They’re indestructible and run forever, I still get people telling me “nice truck” pretty often at the gas station or whatever and it’s a 2011 but when I clean it that takes a good 4 hours each time. Anyway enough rambling.. ya can’t beat a Toyota. Cheers all.

I was happy to be able to still get my 2020 tacoma built in texas. Must of been near the end for us built ones. Now their all built in medico.

Bought my Tacoma Prerunner in 2000 brand new. The dealer talked me into getting a supercharger installed, at the dealership, but with factory warranty. I've loved this truck for the past 22 years. It has got me through hard times with no maintenance costs except oil changes, and even after 100k miles very few parts have been replaced. Only things meant to wear out, like brake parts, timing belt and water pump, and shocks. Had to replace the catalytic converter in 2010 after it was stolen, and I put a generic $300 one put in, cut the clamps off and welded it in. Still going strong. Right now I am looking for a shop/mechanic that can replace the intake manifold, I really don't want to go to a dealer, it will cost $$$$, looking for a place that can do it for $$. I have the original intake from the supercharger installation, but I'm sick of paying for premium gas, and the supercharger has never been taken apart andrebuilt with 130,000 kiles on it. I'm in the Dallas, TX area if there's any shops or mechs on here. The original intake is in brand new condition, but I'm not anymore, I'm disabled now and just can't do that kind of work. I got the check engine light coming on, need a tune up really bad, and want to have the intake work done if I can find somebody instead of the minimum to get it to pass state inspection. I know it has plenty of miles left in it, right now it's just sitting in the garage.

Bought my Tacoma Prerunner in 2000 brand new. The dealer talked me into getting a supercharger installed, at the dealership, but with factory warranty. I've loved this truck for the past 22 years. It has got me through hard times with no maintenance costs except oil changes, and even after 100k miles very few parts have been replaced. Only things meant to wear out, like brake parts, timing belt and water pump, and shocks. Had to replace the catalytic converter in 2010 after it was stolen, and I put a generic $300 one put in, cut the clamps off and welded it in. Still going strong. Right now I am looking for a shop/mechanic that can replace the intake manifold, I really don't want to go to a dealer, it will cost $$$$, looking for a place that can do it for $$. I have the original intake from the supercharger installation, but I'm sick of paying for premium gas, and the supercharger has never been taken apart andrebuilt with 130,000 kiles on it. I'm in the Dallas, TX area if there's any shops or mechs on here. The original intake is in brand new condition, but I'm not anymore, I'm disabled now and just can't do that kind of work. I got the check engine light coming on, need a tune up really bad, and want to have the intake work done if I can find somebody instead of the minimum to get it to pass state inspection. I know it has plenty of miles left in it, right now it's just sitting in the garage.
I would think that you could Google “mechanics near me”? Just do your research and READ CUSTOMER REVIEWS on Yelp before choosing one, not sure if they have a shop where you’re at which is called “Purrrrrfect Auto” but if you see one than DO NOT use them because they’ve been busted multiple times for not doing what they’re supposed too. Good luck I’m sure you’ll find someone.

did you get an estimate quote for what your local yota dealer wants for doing that?
is this for the 5vze 3.4 litre

As for washing I wait till no it warms up but I do get it done one week won’t hurt anything b

As for washing I wait till no it warms up but I do get it done one week won’t hurt anything b
Later this week, the prediction is in the 40F range. Today, we are hovering around 5F. The warm temps will be a welcome break from last week's bitter wind cold snow conditions. Although, they are predicting rain with the 40s. Should make a superior mess of things. A bit of snow melt, rain, frozen roads......should produce an extensive hockey rink for roads. Ice melt will have marginal effect due to dilution from the run-off.

Oh well, typical IA winter.

Later this week, the prediction is in the 40F range. Today, we are hovering around 5F. The warm temps will be a welcome break from last week's bitter wind cold snow conditions. Although, they are predicting rain with the 40s. Should make a superior mess of things. A bit of snow melt, rain, frozen roads......should produce an extensive hockey rink for roads. Ice melt will have marginal effect due to dilution from the run-off.

Oh well, typical IA winter.
Is it that bad in Des Moines?
Sounds pleasant

I opened this thread because of the statement by a neighbor of mine,after I said I was looking for a toyota truck
His reply was I don't look at anything non-American.....After being a ford owner and dodge ram owner and witnessing the old top gear,absolute murder of a toyota pick up. I am convinced this is by far the most reliable, and dependable truck on the market and has been for years.Every truck has their unique problems but these trucks will at least run to get you to a remedy, not like some others previously mentioned here.
I shrugged the comment off if I don't get a free vendor spot from him next year at his hot rod swap meet I won't sweat it.
Got my 2011 Tacoma a few months ago. I haven't done anything but maintenance and drive it. I do wish it had a standard transmission. The automatic on the little 4 leaves it underpowered. But it had about 65k on it, clean and tight as a new truck, at a real good price, I couldn't not buy it. Only was I'd sell it is if I could find a Taco of equal value with a standard transmission.

Back