How many miles a gallon do you get?

4 cylinder?

Yes, mine is a 2015, not 2014. It's a 4 cyl, 5 speed manual. I use it for logging, moving firewood up to the house, and going to town for building materials. I have hauled 2000 pounds of compost 40 miles with no problem. No maintenance other than oil changes.
It has 21,000 miles. I paid $21,400 cash for it. My wife is a killer negotiator. I am 75 and had a number of pickups. This Tacoma is the best bang for the buck in a pickup.
The Tacoma 4 wheels like the 68 Jeep CJ5 I had back in the day.
I have an old Tundra for towing and honestly I do miss my old F350 once in a while, but the maintenance was crushing.

Yes, mine is a 2015, not 2014. It's a 4 cyl, 5 speed manual. I use it for logging, moving firewood up to the house, and going to town for building materials. I have hauled 2000 pounds of compost 40 miles with no problem. No maintenance other than oil changes.
It has 21,000 miles. I paid $21,400 cash for it. My wife is a killer negotiator. I am 75 and had a number of pickups. This Tacoma is the best bang for the buck in a pickup.
The Tacoma 4 wheels like the 68 Jeep CJ5 I had back in the day.
I have an old Tundra for towing and honestly I do miss my old F350 once in a while, but the maintenance was crushing.
yeah this is my fourth Toyota pickup and they were all great trucks! best bang for the bucks and doing just regular maintainence they clock way over 100k miles easily. the 4 cylinder is a great truck to have for everyday driving and hauling, its doesn't have the v6 power but it will get the job done.

In the middle of a roughly 3800 mile roadtrip Olympia, Portland, Reno, Kingman, Phoenix, San Diego, Los Angeles, Reno then home in 7 days. Some off-road. The dash says 27.4 mpg but my calculator says 26.87 mpg.

On a 4wd? Math don't lie. I'm amazed.

In the middle of a roughly 3800 mile roadtrip Olympia, Portland, Reno, Kingman, Phoenix, San Diego, Los Angeles, Reno then home in 7 days. Some off-road. The dash says 27.4 mpg but my calculator says 26.87 mpg.

On a 4wd? Math don't lie. I'm amazed.
Sounds like an awesome road trip. Congrats on the MPG.

Final numbers
11 fuel stops in 5 states
156.38 gallons used
3696 miles round trip
Overall 23.6347 miles per gallon.
There were 3 legs if the trip that registered 26+ mpg but I did some off road, photographing wild horses in Nevada and some secondary mountain roads with lots of altitude changes, so all in all, I'm ok with 23.6 over the whole trip.

Truck exceeded expectations on all counts.

Second half of trip hauled back about 800 pounds of cargo that wasn't on the first half.

From Phoenix to San Diego my Auto LSD and Traction dash lights came on. Called the Toyota dealer in Yuma Arizona hoping to get the fault codes. Said he was swamped but would do what he could for me when I got there. Made a rest stop and when I restarted the lights were off. Checked in at the dealership to see if the codes were stored. He got me in, scanned, did a recall and washed it in under 90 minutes. There were at least 17 people waiting in the customer lounge then add in the drop offs... They did a great favor for a traveler they will probably never see again. (Yup-I'm writing a letter)

Truck now has 9100 miles since I got it in late March. I'm impressed.

2006 tacoma with nearly 200,000 miles on it, 3 inch lift R16 and 1.25 inch wheel spacers. I get about 14 mpg according to the chip I have on the ECU (no fancy head unit to show all that nifty information). Not really sure if my K&N air intake and flow master exhaust is helping that at all.

Anywhere from 17to 20 MPG. 09 sport with 3 inch lift and 265/70/17 I was only getting about 15mpg with my 10ply 285's but got rid of those and now have lots more power too!!

Stock 3.4 02 prerunner, I used to average around 18, no matter how I drove. Then I purchased this computer that plugs into you OBD port and it will monitor your mileage, and depending on your driving habits, it can help you gain almost 25% better gas mileage. I was skeptical about this statement as well, until I started using it and it would tell you in realtime, sec by sec your gas mileage per gallon depending on how you drive. A little hint on gaining almost 3 to 4 miles per gallon is keep your feet steady on the gas, when going up a hill, do not try and force the truck to fight the gravity, you will slow down a few mph but in the long run, you are gaining a lot more miles per gallon. I commute over 55 miles one way to work, so I drive almost 2 hours everyday, and since using the X-Gauge, I have been saving over 30 bucks a week on fuel cost.

Stock 3.4 02 prerunner, I used to average around 18, no matter how I drove. Then I purchased this computer that plugs into you OBD port and it will monitor your mileage, and depending on your driving habits, it can help you gain almost 25% better gas mileage. I was skeptical about this statement as well, until I started using it and it would tell you in realtime, sec by sec your gas mileage per gallon depending on how you drive. A little hint on gaining almost 3 to 4 miles per gallon is keep your feet steady on the gas, when going up a hill, do not try and force the truck to fight the gravity, you will slow down a few mph but in the long run, you are gaining a lot more miles per gallon. I commute over 55 miles one way to work, so I drive almost 2 hours everyday, and since using the X-Gauge, I have been saving over 30 bucks a week on fuel cost.
My 2017 has those features built in.

Back