How often do you park beside another Tacoma….

Then I pulled up beside this Black gen3 TSS OR at Buffalo Wild Wings later in the afternoon. Mostly blacked-out and a neat looking bed cover.

Attachments

• image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 9
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 7
Spotted this absolute gem today just off of I-35 and Teasley ave. A Bronze gen2 regular cab SR5. Haven't seen a regular cab in awhile and this bad boy was in great shape. Polished aluminum factory wheels. This dude's Tacoma is squared away. Very nice.

was it an MT or the crappy AT

Yeah I don't see a 3rd brake light on either one of them which I thought all vehicles had to have a 3rd brake light in the 80's.
I wanna say that some automobiles started around '84 with the center brake light but I don't think they were mandated until '86. I had an '86 Monte Carlo SS and if memory serves me, it had one. I'm not sure when it was required on other types of vehicles (trucks, vans, etc.)

Out and about today when I spotted this gen2. It doesn't get more simple than this; White SR, factory steel wheels, and an automatic transmission. Great daily driver.

Attachments

• image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 3
  • image0-2 copy.jpeg
    image0-2 copy.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • image1 copy.jpeg
    image1 copy.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 3
And then I end up on the side of town I've never been to and here's this awesome gunsmith shop. I can always use an extra box of .22 rounds and as I'm pulling in I spot my 2nd toyota box truck. Lokks like an 80's era Toyota sitting on another dually platform. That box is so plentiful. You could turn this baby into an RV in just a couple of days. And it has a 5-speed manuel transmission ! To freaking cool.

Attachments

• image0-2.jpeg
    image0-2.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 4
  • image2 copy.jpeg
    image2 copy.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 5
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
Just got home from a Kroger ice cream run for the wife and spotted this good lookin CharcoalGray gen2 SR5 Extended Cab. Judging by the factory wheels its a 2013/14/15 4x4. Excellent shape.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 2
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 2
Went to the Walmart in Highland Village this morning for some fresh bananas and spotted this interesting InfernoOrange gen3 SR5. It would appear the owner just got married and is asking for donations on cashapp. He's off to a bad start. Lol

Attachments

• image0-2.jpeg
    image0-2.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 1
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 1
And wouldn't ya know it. I went to the Dollar Store next door and run into BigBlue's little brother ! This beautiful VooDooBlue gen3 SR5 has blacked out wheels and windows and a chrome bumper. I think the grill is hideous compared to the Sport but that's just me. And this is NOT the same one I posted on January 20th. That one was a Sport.

Attachments

• image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
So today I pull into Harbor Freight to see what's on sale and there are not one, but two tacos and a parking spot in between them. A very clean LunarRockGray gen3 OR, and a sweet RadiantRed gen2 extended cab with a color matched camper shell. Very nice.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • image0-2.jpeg
    image0-2.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
I saw a lunar mist gen1 run a red light today while I was parked at a red left turn light
No photos but it was real

It's crazy how many tacos you spot
Absolut crazy!
They're out there for sure if ya look hard enough. I'm really starting to hone in on gen1's as they are getting harder and harder to spot. Except Colorado. I can't wait for my next road trip to Denver ! I'll be taking pictures of some classics. ;)

They're out there for sure if ya look hard enough. I'm really starting to hone in on gen1's as they are getting harder and harder to spot. Except Colorado. I can't wait for my next road trip to Denver ! I'll be taking pictures of some classics. ;)
I have a plan to be in Denver area at the end of July to wheel the last leg of US-34 at 12k feet :eek:
And then perhaps get my rig into some brand new custom made leaf springs on the far west corner by utah

I wanna say that some automobiles started around '84 with the center brake light but I don't think they were mandated until '86. I had an '86 Monte Carlo SS and if memory serves me, it had one. I'm not sure when it was required on other types of vehicles (trucks, vans, etc.)
Center High Mounted Stop Light (CHMSL) aka "Third Brake Light" became mandated in 1986.

I find it pretty neat every time I pull into a grocery store, walmart, gas station, etc, and see another Tacoma and get the urge to park right beside them. As if strength in numbers is being seen better than a lone wolf. Your thoughts….
Yeah! There's lots of them out there.
You don't even have to try.

Back