How would you redesign the next Tacoma?

CEO of Cummins or not anyone can lie.

Many people that actually work in Toyota assembly plants have confirmed that they have not started retooling for a new model.

Last edited:
But your link says 2015.

I'll believe it all when I can go into the dealer and buy it. Even then I wouldn't trade in just to get a 40K diesel mid size that's going to cost more to operate.

See there's the thing that is different then you and me.....you already have a 2nd gen tacoma with a lot of mods done to it, I on the other hand I have a not so heavily modded 1st gen.

See there's the thing that is different then you and me.....you already have a 2nd gen tacoma with a lot of mods done to it, I on the other hand I have a not so heavily modded 1st gen.

I'd keep that first gen. It will never blow up vs the newer stuff not being so good.

First the don'ts ...

Don't change the size for obvious reasons.

Durability and the ease of maintenance (e.g. don't have to pull engine to change spark pugs) are two things that make these trucks so valuable. Don't change either.

The changes ...

Put in heated mirrors and seats. Crying out loud. Every car I've owned during the last 10 years had heated mirrors. This is a truck that was purchased to go through weather. Cost has to be nickels and dimes.

Fire everyone who was involved in the rust problem. Revisit and restore the broken quality control programs.

Look into better streamlining and wind management. Stremlining will help mileage. Stop wind beating the driver in the face. Stop all the whistles and other noises that we all complain about.

Auto window on passenger side, and, auto up and down.

Get rid of center slide window and put in power side windows in the access cab.

Return to the outside temperature/
compass auto dimming mirror. The 2014 radio App is crApp. The app gives no same time temperature indication

A/C vents for the rear...thought id post it since I'm in the back of one right now and it's hot. Lol

Back