Is the TRD sport worth the$$

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by BobComa, Jun 21, 2020.

1. BobComa

BobComa New Member

I am looking at getting my first truck in like 10 years and was wondering if its worth the extra money to buy a TRD model or would I be better off getting a SR5 and upgrading the stuff myself! . Thanks for any help

tooter, Cape taco and B.C. like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Welcome! TRD gives you an extra few bells and whistles over the SR series you might want or might not need. Compare 'em and make the best decision that's best for you!

tooter, Cape taco and B.C. like this.
  4. Cape taco

Cape taco Well-Known Member

I love my sport longbed it drives really nice I found the short ones bouncy on the highway imo:D got it 2 yrs old with 19 k on it for 31k

tooter, B-Man and B.C. like this.
  5. Cape taco

Cape taco Well-Known Member

I guess it depends what u want to use it for maybe a sr5 is alot less then you can spend the money on wheels and lift etc. I sold my sport wheels for 200 less than my aftermarket ones cost.which worked out good.

tooter, B-Man and B.C. like this.
  6. warakesTaco

warakesTaco Well-Known Member

I had an sr5 and now have trd sport. I can tell a big difference in the ride and extra small things like 120 volt in the bed etc. My opinion go with trd and upgrade that little at a time.

tooter and B.C. like this.