Is there such thing of a quiet bigger tire?

doeweb

Hi, was wondering if a "quieter" big tire exists?

I have a 2011 Tacoma TRD off road and use my truck for city driving and weekend utv\atv trailer hauling. I have the bilstein 5100 installed and add a leaf.

Would like to get bigger tires and rims if needed but don't necessarily need mud tires?

You can go all terrain, there will still be a decent amount of noise with them, or you can get a highway terrain, that'll be the quietest choice...

Hi, was wondering if a "quieter" big tire exists?

I have a 2011 Tacoma TRD off road and use my truck for city driving and weekend utv\atv trailer hauling. I have the bilstein 5100 installed and add a leaf.

Would like to get bigger tires and rims if needed but don't necessarily need mud tires?
Get the ats as previously said they will have some noise but nowhere near a mt

Nitto Terra Grappler G2 285/65X18 tires on 18" wheels is what I have on my 2015 4X4. They are not loud for a all terrain tire and G2 is 10ply.

Very nice tires tacoken, do you have 16 or 17 inch rims?

I ended up getting Cooper Discoverer RTX, very quiet and quite happy with the 50 miles I've put on them so far.

I've got Firestone destination A/T's as well... Slightly aggressive but not load at all...reasonably priced and wear very nicely.

I've got them too. Mounted and balanced for around $600. Pretty quiet and a 50,000 mile warranty. ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1462402150.137189.jpg

Here are the Cooper Discoverer RTX, night and day difference as far as road noise. I used to have to crank up my stereo to 25+ to hear and now it's like 15. I don't do much offroading other than traveling to a parking spot for my SXS and ATV's. Very happy with them.

Attachments

• IMG_20160504_180158.jpg
    IMG_20160504_180158.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 18
You own a truck not a preius. The new 2016's are a bit less noisy but as soon as you slap an all terrain/ mud terrain it's gonna be noisy.

Why do people keep referencing preius?

It's great you have mud tires or whatever type of terrain tire. Everyone has different preferences and uses for their Taco.

Back