Jerky take off

tacosteve

Hey y’all, I have an ‘07 trd four wheel drive. I changed my dif fluid a couple months ago and seems like it is a little jerky or shaky when I’m taking off. Kind of hard to describe. More like a feeling than a noise. It’s worse when the truck is cold. I used the Mobil one synthetic that is supposed to be for limited slip diffs. Think I should add a little LSD additive? I’ve never actually heard the chattering clutch plates before that I’ve heard about to make a comparison. Thanks in advance.

Hey y’all, I have an ‘07 trd four wheel drive. I changed my dif fluid a couple months ago and seems like it is a little jerky or shaky when I’m taking off. Kind of hard to describe. More like a feeling than a noise. It’s worse when the truck is cold. I used the Mobil one synthetic that is supposed to be for limited slip diffs. Think I should add a little LSD additive? I’ve never actually heard the chattering clutch plates before that I’ve heard about to make a comparison. Thanks in advance.
You NEED to add friction modifier. Thats not optional with a real lsd like you have..... you do have an LSD tag on the differential right?

Gl5 has some modifiers in it, but it wont be enough. Get some equa torque or something like it asap.

By "trd".... u are referring to a trd "sport" yes?
Trd "offroads" dont have lsd

Cept the 09+ iirc, but they only have brake actuated/simulated limited slip.

Also, are you manual or automatic?
If auto, have you changed that fluid?
The auto takes world standard fluid and theres a special procedure to check the level.

You NEED to add friction modifier. Thats not optional with a real lsd like you have..... you do have an LSD tag on the differential right?

Gl5 has some modifiers in it, but it wont be enough. Get some equa torque or something like it asap.

Yeah it’s got the tag on the differential. I’ll add to it. Thanks a bunch guys.

Yeah it’s got the tag on the differential. I’ll add to it. Thanks a bunch guys.
Come to think of it, i swear i remember people saying the tacomas lsd didnt like some synthetics.
Try the modifier 1st if u want tho.

I personally would want to dump whatever has been in there for a few months causing chatter. Id want to look at what came out and the drain plug magnet.

I would then use dino 75w90 (hard to find last i looked) or maybe a semi synthetic 75w90 and use a tube of friction modifier with either choice.

Thats just my ocd kicking in probably.

Back