Keep a Word, Drop a Word

Sand storms

Tooter...the taliban used anything that they could get there hands on. It seemed like they somehow had an endless supply of tanks, but mostly older left overs. They would literally run over people, cars, through homes, and anywhere a tank could go. They used tanks to reign terror on innocent civilians, so while I had many tasks on my two tours in Afghanistan, my primary task was to disable tanks, and hellfire missiles were the primary weapon I used. MD 500 attack helicopters are small, agile, and damn effective in a war. I was also sometimes put into service as a sniper.
Ps. Sorry for the thread hijack.

Last edited:
Sand storms

Tooter...the taliban used anything that they could get there hands on. It seemed like they somehow had an endless supply of tanks, but mostly older left overs. They would literally run over people, cars, through homes, and anywhere a tank could go. They used tanks to reign terror on innocent civilians, so while I had many tasks on my two tours in Afghanistan, my primary task was to disable tanks, and hellfire missiles were the primary weapon I used. MD 500 attack helicopters are small, agile, and damn effective in a war. I was also sometimes put into service as a sniper.
Ps. Sorry for the thread hijack.
while i cant possibly understand what happens in battle, im positive its nothing you ever really get over. my heart goes out to all those who face such evils in the world and who sacrifice so much to protect the innocent. i'm glad you are among the fortunate to make it home, sir.

Maple desk

Tooter...thanks.
I came close to meeting my maker when I was shot down.
It was an honor to serve.
But the PTSD as a result is forever!

Back