Keyless tailgate lock?

Discussion in 'Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation' started by Marc William, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Marc William

Marc William Member

is there a way to make my tailgate keyless entry using the same fob for the truck?

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

4. OP
    Marc William

Marc William Member

Thank you! I will check them out. That is the only thing I do not like about my truck.

Bogunn likes this.
  5. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Yeah. That’s something I wish they’d have done from the start. Apparently some of the 2018’s have them.

6. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

I was looking at ordering a Pop and Lock or buying the parts (actuator, etc.) and making one myself.
    The cheapest I can find a Pop and Lock PL8535 online is $83 and the parts for a homemade rig is at least $30-40 plus the aggravation.
    I called a local installer and they will order and install the Pop and Lock PL8535 for $79 all in.
    Can’t beat that!

cranito4to and OR17TRD like this.
  7. djmr1972

djmr1972 Member

put in your own actuator and wire to door wiring

Bogunn likes this.
  8. cranito4to

cranito4to Well-Known Member

I got mine from Amazon $86.09 and still haven't put it on, so $79 for everything is excellent.

Bogunn likes this.
  9. djmr1972

djmr1972 Member

I ordered everything I need to install the stuff myself for about 20-25 bucks

Bogunn likes this.
  10. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

I’ve seen people do this but haven’t tried it. Not a bad route. Essentially a home made pop and lock.

11. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

They still don’t have it in stock. I’m thinking the guy misquoted me and they won’t own up to it. lol.

cranito4to and OR17TRD like this.
  12. cranito4to

cranito4to Well-Known Member

$79 sound about right. I think I read here or somewhere else something like that. So he might do it.

Bogunn likes this.
  13. conflictingintentions

conflictingintentions Well-Known Member

That’s the best deal out there. Did mine and it was kind of a pain.

Bogunn likes this.
  14. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Looks like it is. It seems the best way to go is through the firewall.

15. conflictingintentions

conflictingintentions Well-Known Member

That’s where i went in

Bogunn likes this.
  16. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

I’ve seen where a lot go through the floor of the truck on the passenger side. I don’t like that idea myself.