LED puddle lights

btp001

Well I got bored the other day and had an idea and it turned out really cool, I think... I got a 10 pack of led that were supposed to be bed lights and put under the truck and wired it to where they would come on with the dome light.. Pretty cool at night when you press the unlock button and see it light up. They even fade on and off like the dome light. Here's a pic.. ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1460059102.886648.jpg
I will take more pics of how they're mounted and stuff if anyone is interested in trying it plus it only cost like 30 somethin bucks for the leds

Looks nice I need ore details I would like to do the same.
Alright so I went to autozone and bought a set of 10 LEDs for truck bed lights.. I measured the frame under the cab and it was around 5 ft or so so I cut and spliced 2 sets of 5 so they were both 5 ft long.. I mounted them up and did some googling to figure out how to wire it up.. So the positive wire will go right to the battery or and 12v constant source.. For the negative wire you will need to remove the little tray on the lower left of the steering wheel to access the fuse panel.. To the left of the fuse panel you will see 3 connectors 2 white and one black.. The black connector is the one you're looking for.. I think I unplugged the black one and the white one right above it to make life a little easier.. You will need to find the blue wire on the black connector.. I think it's the 3rd wire over and on the top of the connector.. I will post pics below.. Anyways once you get the ground wire ran to that connector strip about a 1/4" off the end and wedge the wire into where the blue wire is and that will make the lights come on anytime the dome light comes on.. ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1462907769.933182.jpgmount to the top of the frame so you can't see them while looking at the truck.ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1462907830.036775.jpgto run wire to the passenger side of the truck I went on top of that cross member and used zip ties to secure.ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1462907890.741770.jpgthis is the access panel you will need to be inImageUploadedByTaco Forum1462907938.723954.jpg the white wire is the wire I tapped into the same hole as the blue wire on the black connector...
I ran the wires through the fender well behind the plastic gaurds into the engine bay.. The positive wire I took right to the battery and the negative I took through the firewall to the black connector. I hope this helps.. Mine is a 2013 so I hope whatever year yours is the connectors are the same.. They should be.. But Google around a little of you have to. That's how I figured it out

Back