Lets see them tacomas!!!

Here's a quick pic with my new cover installed. I will get some better quality shots this weekend.

Attachments

• 1434569483761.jpg
    1434569483761.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 95
what kind of cover is that and is it water tight?
It's a Diamond Back HD. I would say it is as watertight as they get. There are a few small places where water could maybe get in (like around the tailgate to bed joints, since that isn't watertight anyway), but I don't anticipate it being an issue. Haven't been through a driving rain yet. I like the security aspect, easy on and off, and that you can load on top of it ( up to 1600 lbs).

It's a Diamond Back HD. I would say it is as watertight as they get. There are a few small places where water could maybe get in (like around the tailgate to bed joints, since that isn't watertight anyway), but I don't anticipate it being an issue. Haven't been through a driving rain yet. I like the security aspect, easy on and off, and that you can load on top of it ( up to 1600 lbs).
That thing is a beast. Any cover that has tie downs on it has to be rugged. Lol. Looks great.

Here are a few close-ups of the cover. There is a bulkhead gasket that goes across the bulkhead and buts up against the bed rail cap. The center portion clamps to the rail system, and the two end covers slide onto hinge pins on the center piece. The end covers both have pneumatic lifts like a hatch-back, but the are easily removed to allow the cover to fold over flat, if needed. The ends secure with rods connected to the locking handles. On the front, the rods secure under the rail system. On the back, you have to drill holes in the fiberglass bed for the rods to secure in. The whole thing has ample gaskets to compress to keep out dust and water.

Attachments

• 1434589103758.jpg
    1434589103758.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 1434589121730.jpg
    1434589121730.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 89
  • 1434589137094.jpg
    1434589137094.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 1434589160706.jpg
    1434589160706.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 87
Here are a few close-ups of the cover. There is a bulkhead gasket that goes across the bulkhead and buts up against the bed rail cap. The center portion clamps to the rail system, and the two end covers slide onto hinge pins on the center piece. The end covers both have pneumatic lifts like a hatch-back, but the are easily removed to allow the cover to fold over flat, if needed. The ends secure with rods connected to the locking handles. On the front, the rods secure under the rail system. On the back, you have to drill holes in the fiberglass bed for the rods to secure in. The whole thing has ample gaskets to compress to keep out dust and water.
Man that thing is sick. It's got one hell of a gasket. Nice post man.

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1434892525.391988.jpg
2012 TRD Sport
Plasti dip stock rims
BF Goodrich all terrains coming soon

Sent from my iPhone using Taco Forum

I like the cover how much was it

Back