Lifetime Frame Rust Warranty

Discussion in '2005 - 2015 Toyota Tacoma' started by Monica A Brooks, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Monica A Brooks

Monica A Brooks New Member

When did Toyota bring this warranty out? I hear Tacomas had this problem prior to 2010? Looking to buy used one around 2004, but scared of rust problem! Please enlighten me. Thank you.

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.
    Inspect any vehicle you’re thinking of purchasing. You’ll be able to see the rust if it’s there.

Bootlegger750 and B-Man like this.
  4. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum!

Bootlegger750 likes this.
  5. Bootlegger750

Bootlegger750 Member

Welcome, just inspect it good. I coat all my frames, haven't had any issues so far.

B-Man likes this.
  6. Will Evans

Will Evans Well-Known Member

I don't know about a warranty program, but here is what Toyota Canada did for me as an 06 dbl cab Trd owner;

Received letter in mail, informing me of class action lawsuit.
    Told me to take vehicle for frame inspection (depending on severity could result in new frame or corrosive coating)
    Hound the dealership for an answer
    Finally hear back 4-5 months later I will be getting my frame replaced
    Still waiting to get into the shop

I've noticed all trucks are being sold as is. That's because they will need a new frame. I don't know what the 'action' period would be but I scheduled mine for inspection ASAP. I bought my truck nearly 3 years ago. If my frame was in its current condition as when I bought it, I would have passed.

I'm told that if you take a ball hammer and smack the frame, if it indents, it's garbage.

I can't offer you a suggestion as to buy a tacoma or not. I mean I love my truck, but I don't know how the frame replacement program would be applicable to a new owner.