Lift suggestions

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by taco_runner, Jun 29, 2019.

1. taco_runner

taco_runner New Member

Im Considering buying a 4 inch lift kit for my 19 TRD Off Road 4x4, from Tuff country. Any advice?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    Scott Wyman likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. GregW138

GregW138 Active Member

Anything over 3” on 4x4 creates many issues with CV angles. I would also stay away from spacer lifts. What is your budget ?

4. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

U get what u pay for.... Look for lift coils, new shocks, and a progressive add a leaf.

OR17TRD and kp.taco like this.
  5. dmo

dmo New Member

Good afternoon, New here just bought my 2nd Tacoma have always been to broke to buy a new one. however I finally broke down and did so. I have been out of off roading for a bit now. I am looking as well for a lift for my 19 TRD off road. I however do NOT want to void any warranty on this vehicle at this time. I have ordered as of now rough country 3 inch lift....I know just spacers...not going to be screwing off much in the dirt so not worried about travel. It was be more of a daily driver; I just want it to look good. My question is can I run a 285 or even a 295 with 18 inch rims? Thank you guys for the help in advance.

Culater1965 likes this.
  6. Bojangles

If you are worried about a warranty that much, i would call your dealership ASAP AND BEFORE u install the lift, i swear toyota said some crap about voiding warranties on the third gen tacomas with any lift. They seem to have some gremlins that toyota wants to weasel out of.
    I swear they said it voids trans warranty or something. Make the call, and find out.

OR17TRD likes this.
  7. dmo

dmo New Member

According to the sales rep...and service manager it will not. They were going to put one on for me until I found out the price and it was absolutely ridiculous at 300 for the lift...Ok...600 to install. I could understand if it was full but dang just blocks...Ill do it myself they said as long as you do not remove any major component you will be good can I fit those tires and wheels though?

8. Bojangles

Cant answer on the rim and tire question, sorry. Im sure someone will be along soon that can answer.

9. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

What’s the offset on the 18” and how wide is it?

10. 2018TuRD

2018TuRD Well-Known Member

I run an 18x9 +12. It's the perfect flush stance imho

View attachment 26642

OR17TRD likes this.
  11. GregW138

GregW138 Active Member

That wheel has 5.5” of backspace. I believe the best chance for clearance is 4.5” of backspace. You should probably be looking for a -12 offset for a 9”rim.

12. dmo

dmo New Member

off set was -12 barely cleared hanging out about an inch and a half