lift

Liltaco48

Need some advice last Dec. I had a leveling/ lift kit installed on my 2 wheel drive tacoma, should I add an extra leaf spring in back and heavy duty shocks.

It's up to you... If you always haul heavy stuff in the bed, I would... The rides gonna be a little rougher if you do, if you don't haul very often, I wouldn't...

Agree with him. If your just looking to upgrade shocks you can do the yellow bilsteins that are specifically valved internally just for the wieght of your truck. Were most are just universal fit. The add a leaf will only help like if you carried alot of tools for work all the time. If your looking to raise it a inch you can add 1in blocks and still retain stock shocks anything more you wanna replace. But if you want it softer? Icon sells a mini pack leaf springs. Its contains 3 thin diff size but you remove your overload spring so these there take its place makes it perfect

It is not required to get new shocks with a leveling kit, but if you want to change them Bilstein and Rancho are the best options.

If you can find someone that has the new 2016 and upgraded Their suspension I would grab those. They are already taller than the previous model and can probably get them real cheap.. Basically an east swap just need to get an alignment .. I see them posted all over craigslist ..

2016 Tacoma Trd Off-road. (Silver Bullet)
2015 Tacoma Sr5. (Polar Bear)

all depends on the lift. My 3" lift was a block lift but I still added some 3" procomp shocks to help with the rear end. Didn't wanna stretch out the factory ones too much

all depends on the lift. My 3" lift was a block lift but I still added some 3" procomp shocks to help with the rear end. Didn't wanna stretch out the factory ones too much

Totally understandable. But I believe the factory 2016 bilstien stocks are longer as well jmo.

2016 Tacoma Trd Off-road. (Silver Bullet)
2015 Tacoma Sr5. (Polar Bear)

Back