Little More Lift

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by kja92648, Dec 4, 2018.

1. kja92648

kja92648 New Member

I installed Bilstein 5100 on my 2018 TRD off road with 285/70/17 tires. I’m got about 2.5 on the lift but would like to get to 3 inches total. Any suggestions on what I can do using my current setup?

Tacomania and OR17TRD like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

You could use different coils and then drop the lift from the 5100s a bit.

OR17TRD likes this.
  4. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Most people are saying they are getting around 3” with the OME 887 coils and 5100’s set to 0.
    I’ve heard that combo will void the warranty of the parts so that’s something to keep in mind. I know there is a few people on here with the OME 887 coils and 5100’s maybe they could chime in.

5. OR17TRD

Welcome to the forum.
    Pictures?

6. Tacomania

Tacomania Well-Known Member

Are you looking to add more weight to front? I.e. skids, bumper, winch, additonal battery? Are you going to have spacers a different wheel set up with negative offset? Take that in to consideration before adding preload and what coils to replace, because it will change things very fast

OR17TRD likes this.
  7. OR17TRD

Thats true. OME makes coils for extra constant loads.