Looking for best sounding exhaust

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by mattlatch92, Nov 12, 2019.

1. WooD

WooD WooD

I have a friend that's into old Indians, and Harley's.

He's a machinist on a cargo ship, and has a killer home shop. His daily rider "not bar hopper" bike is a 1947 Indian. He has a cargo container stuffed full of old bikes. Has a Matchless Indian that is one of 3 made. One is in a museum somewhere, one burned up in a fire and he owns the last one.

This is his every day bike. He's a freak about the condition they run...not so much on how they look.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Matchless Indian.

[​IMG]

Cape taco and B-Man like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Those are way too cool!

Cape taco likes this.
  4. po-toy

po-toy Well-Known Member

Really like the old bikes...see if you can find out the model of the indian/matchless. Indian imported cz, ajs,enfields, blahblah and rebadged em. Pretty cool stuff out there.

B-Man and Cape taco like this.
  5. po-toy

po-toy Well-Known Member

I'm more in to the jap thing...and a little newer 20190209_120428.jpeg 00e0e_j1CGxx7sM9o_1200x900.jpeg 20171005_135439.jpeg 20180426_111421.jpeg

6. Cape taco

Cape taco Well-Known Member

po-toy likes this.
  7. WooD

WooD WooD

This is what he told me about the Matchless...The Brits bought the Springfield plant 1960-63. They built a AJS, Norton, and Matchless as projects with 74" Chief motors.

The Norton was burned up in a fire, Domi Racers kept the AJS in their showroom, and he has the Matchless.

8. WooD

WooD WooD

What a rolling frame and multitudes of alcohol and a machine shop will get you.

Crazy thing gets a lot of looks when you pull in any of the Daytona biker bars. Top speed is around 65 MPH thru a Harley 5 speed trans.

Build stage.

[​IMG]

Complete.

[​IMG]

9. jduval99

jduval99 Member

Can't beat the sound of a termi on a duck! IMG_20191005_153222_952.jpg IMG_20191005_153130_990.jpg

po-toy likes this.
  10. po-toy

po-toy Well-Known Member

A suzuki titan 500 i got off a friend and cafed out....thanks

11. po-toy

po-toy Well-Known Member

12. po-toy

po-toy Well-Known Member

Is that an oil injected 2 stroke? Looks like an oil tank on the side

13. WooD

WooD WooD

It is an oil tank on the side...just like all Harleys and Indians have.

po-toy likes this.
  14. Cape taco

Cape taco Well-Known Member

My friend used to race the Yamaha 350 2 strokes had 2 matching ones , cafe'd those things ripped .

po-toy likes this.