Looking to do leveling kit with 5100’s, advise?

So after looking around it seems that people like to do the 5100’s with new coils for the front lift and AAL to the rear. Over all I was probably 2.25” in front and 1” in the rear. Any coil recommendations to put with 5100’s for a 2.25” front lift?

So after looking around it seems that people like to do the 5100’s with new coils for the front lift and AAL to the rear. Over all I was probably 2.25” in front and 1” in the rear. Any coil recommendations to put with 5100’s for a 2.25” front lift?
Unless you are adding a heavy bumper you don't need to change your coils as the 5100's are designed to work with your stock coil shocks.

The OME 887 on the 3rd gen. But you might be closer to 3” until they settle.

Unless you are adding a heavy bumper you don't need to change your coils as the 5100's are designed to work with your stock coil shocks.
The reason you would want to replace the coils is so you’re not gaining lift from the 5100’s making the ride stiffer. The taller coils would give you the lift and soften the ride allowing the 5100’s to be set to 0 and not fully extended. It’s just going to be a smoother ride.

If you are going to have a heavy bumper and or winch then get the 888’s.
Otherwise the 887’s are the way to go.

The reason you would want to replace the coils is so you’re not gaining lift from the 5100’s making the ride stiffer. The taller coils would give you the lift and soften the ride allowing the 5100’s to be set to 0 and not fully extended. It’s just going to be a smoother ride.
Thank you, didn't know but now I do

Ok that’s what I want. I don’t want to have to extend my 5100s out all the way as I’ve heard your ride suffers. So which coils would give me around 2.25 lift with out extending 5100s all the way? 887s?

So what setting would you put the 5100s at combined with the 887 coils to get as close to 3” as you can
You can play around with the settings and see what you get and if you like the ride or feel. The 887 coils with the bilstein’s at 0 should give you somewhere between 2-3” you can measure from center hub to bottom of fender before install and after and you’ll be able to tell how much lift you achieve along the way.

I went outside the box on my 17 ..I got Rancho Quicklift and the 9000xl in the back it rides better then stock on #4 ..I have about 4200 miles on them and no problems...After they broke in the lifts was about 2.75 up front I spent 525.00 and fit a 285/75/16 with no rub

Last edited:
I put 6112 in the front with eibach 650 coils, as well as light racing upper control arms, put old man emu springs in the back with 5160 shocks , running 285/75/17 mt tires and the 6112’s are not maxed out, I bought spacers to avoid maxing them out but did not end up needing to use them. I live on a 7 mile gravel road and drive off road a ton and do not experience any rubbing, probably close to $3000 in lift componants

Back