Looks like I got rear ended!

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by riktacoma, Feb 22, 2018.

1. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

You don’t want to crawl under your truck while it’s in drive and torque u bolts? o_O

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

I think Dug would pass.

Must be a 3rd gen thing :D

OR17TRD, whippersnapper02 and Bogunn like this.
  4. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

For those that don't know what axle wrap is...

You can torque the U bolts to proper spec which is like 75ftlbs but at the end of the day the shitty springs will still allow the axle to rotate. Park, reverse, neutral, drive, 4wd, low range, neutral drop or redline isn't going to keep the leaf pack twisted up when you tighten because it is a spring and springs return to their relaxed state.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    Boss_Taco77, OR17TRD and Bogunn like this.
  5. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

I was trying to explain axle wrap to my wife. Lol she keeps calling it "asshole" wrap. Every time we see a taco she says " they better take it easy or their asshole gonna get twisted. Lmao

6. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

Lol!

7. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

That’s awesome.

kp.taco likes this.
  8. SomeDirtyCuban

SomeDirtyCuban Well-Known Member

By ticking do you me like a clanking?

9. paposalsa

paposalsa New Member

This problem is link to weak leaf springs since parts of the Tacoma are made in Mexico which is cheaper cost for a reason ....

10. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

The rear leaf packs started off as a bad design in 05 without much fixes since. Not sure if mexican iron had anything to do with design flaws... OME Dakars are a very nice alternative to the factory flat, weak, saggy and brittle leaf packs.

OR17TRD likes this.
  11. OR17TRD

Probably not a mexaican produced metal I’d guess Chinese. Assembled in Mexico maybe. Texas?

12. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wasn't even sure if they were made in S TX.

13. OR17TRD

The parts come from all over the world. Cheapest bid most likely. Assembled in TX or Baja

Bogunn likes this.
  14. paposalsa

paposalsa New Member

Mine is 04 ,,,

15. OR17TRD

SMH. I’m so sad right now. :(