Loud tapping noise 2019 Trd 3.5

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by Hector Escalera, Nov 10, 2019 at 10:16 AM.

1. Hector Escalera

Hector Escalera New Member

I have under 500 miles on my 2019 Tacoma Trd sport 4x4 3.5 by. It makes alot of tapping noise on the passenger side upper part of motor? I didnt notice when I bought it. Maybe excited, looking at future upgrades. Never noticed if it was there before the 500 miles? I've been hearing foul injector cleaner alot? I've been an old school mechanic since 1977. So i have no experience with all these newer motors at all? But I've done my share of lifter replacements, adjusting valve rockets, etc. Anyone?

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. bdarnold12

bdarnold12 Well-Known Member

You aren't the first one with a noisy engine, its been reported several times. Others have taken theirs back to the dealer and was told thats normal. Personally mine has always been quiet. If it bothers you you can report it to the dealer to be on the safe side. I have always ran either 93 or 89 octane gas in mine, and I have never noticed the injetor cleaning cycle. I also use Amsoil oil, not saying that the Amsoil oil fixes anything because as I said ive never experienced a noisy engine. What I'm getting at is if the dealer tells you that thats normal do some experimenting on youre own, different brand and or octane of gas, different brand of oil. I don't know if any of that helps as I haven't seen any replys as to anyone quieting their noisy engine.