Map updates

TacoGal

Do I really have to pay the dealership to do an update for my navigation maps? Is there another way?

I was actually wondering the same thing. It seems like it’d be easier to buy a new map card. There’s also the site from Garmin for updating but I don’t know if it’s compatible with the Entune in the Tacoma.

https://toyota.garmin.com/toyota/

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/112648490974
Knowing how all car manufactures play things I’m going to guess it’s not compatible. Could be wrong.
Can one person buys the OEM updated discs and multiple people use it to update? Does the dealer just use the same disc and charge $$$ for each update? I’ve never had to update my NAV.

Knowing how all car manufactures play things I’m going to guess it’s not compatible. Could be wrong.
Can one person buys the OEM updated discs and multiple people use it to update? Does the dealer just use the same disc and charge $$$ for each update? I’ve never had to update my NAV.

Good question. It’d be worth a group buy almost. Mine needs updated for road names that have changed, especially in my area.
The update site for Garmin says it’ll update but the vehicle has to stay running for an hour because entune has to stay on. I don’t know if it will work for our trucks though.

All I know is I got an email saying it needed to be updated and to call the dealer for a price. So far it seems up to date as far as I can tell so I was really just curious if it needed it ... I may call just for chits and giggles and ask the dealer the price

All I know is I got an email saying it needed to be updated and to call the dealer for a price. So far it seems up to date as far as I can tell so I was really just curious if it needed it ... I may call just for chits and giggles and ask the dealer the price

Let us know what they tell you.

I have a 2016 Tacoma and it NEEDS something. Says turn left, when the road sign clearly shows I need to turn right (and visa versa), then after turning the opposite direction it said turn, it picks back up as if it never instructed you wrong. My WV dealer couldn't help me when I requested it be updated.

I have a 2016 Tacoma and it NEEDS something. Says turn left, when the road sign clearly shows I need to turn right (and visa versa), then after turning the opposite direction it said turn, it picks back up as if it never instructed you wrong. My WV dealer couldn't help me when I requested it be updated.
Go to another dealer

Back