Mice in cabin filter.

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by Arizona, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Arizona

Arizona Member

My 2016 sport that's 8 months old started to give off a distinct mice urine smell last week through the heater vents and I decided to take a look at the cabin filter.... holy crap!!!!! My pics tell the story of how a field mouse chewed the cheap plastic grill on top of the filter(very cheesy Toyota). I fixed it in about an hour and killed the mouse. Very disappointed in the quality. ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1481071073.176266.jpg ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1481071088.984118.jpg ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1481071099.791986.jpg ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1481071111.202743.jpg ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1481071128.754504.jpg ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1481071151.603629.jpg ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1481071164.940055.jpg ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1481071183.254300.jpg ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1481071199.962277.jpg ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1481071215.933171.jpg

Bogunn, OR17TRD, Rocket tech and 2 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. TacoTrk

TacoTrk Active Member

My 2016 Sport has rat turds in the cabin filter. It's kinda creepy

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  4. OP
    Arizona

Arizona Member

Thank you. It's been a few days and I have been setting the mouse trap in the engine compartment while at work in case there are more.... nothing yet.

2017TacomaSport likes this.
  5. grousegrove

grousegrove Member

I'm sure that was a hassle and I shouldn't laugh but that's pretty hilarious. Glad you resolved it.

6. I had a similar problem with my engine intake filter. I put a sock filled with potpourri and soaked in peppermint oil into the filter compartment. Since then, no mice have returned.

7. OP
    Arizona

Arizona Member

I'll keep those remedies in mind. Thank you

8. TacoTrk

TacoTrk Active Member

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1489368467.721072.jpg

9. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Haha crazy. Freakin mice!!

10. JWake

JWake New Member

When you go to shut down truck at the end of the day make sure the air selection is to internal/recycle...that will block at least on path for mice/chipmunks

Bobby Boyd likes this.
  11. Bobby Boyd

Bobby Boyd New Member

Seems Great. Looks like it really helped you. People will know about it and if needed help like this they can implement it accordingly. My friend stays in CT. She was having lots and lots of Mice in her home. She was frustrated seeing this. Her baby used to crawl. She was worried about her baby because mice were leaving their droppings here and there. Rodents multiply rapidly. She was worried about this too. So she thought of calling some Professional Pest Controllers for help. She called an Exterminator Naugatuck, CT for Pesticiding her home.

12. BeGaK

BeGaK Member

I had this same problem. A more permanent fix is to remove the filter box and put some window screen on the intake spout. Works great and no more mice chewing up new intake filter.

Bogunn likes this.
  13. OR17TRD

Quit buying cheese flavored filters :D

Bogunn likes this.
  14. pondman

pondman Well-Known Member

We have a big rodent in the White casa, Rats ! I hate rats

15. OR17TRD

Haha. Po‘tis

pondman likes this.
  16. Dave Gooden

Dave Gooden Member

cats

Bogunn likes this.
  17. Salvatore Birdsall

Salvatore Birdsall New Member

Everyone faces once in their life the problem of mice in their homes or somewhere else like you have the problem with the mice in your cabin filter.

Bobby Boyd likes this.
  18. jdr3366

jdr3366 Well-Known Member

This is the best post fo 2018, and it's only July.

Are ya wit me?