Motorcycle transport in the bed

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by chadley, Aug 4, 2018.

1. chadley

chadley Well-Known Member

Hello everyone. I want to haul my Triumph Tiger in the bed of my truck. Obviously won’t fit in the short bed. Any creative options you have seen to modify the bed with the tailgate down to keep it sturdy and safe? Pics are welcome. Thanks IMG_4911.jpg IMG_5472.jpg

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. bumpedmyhead

bumpedmyhead Well-Known Member

Nice Tiger...here is mine...I have a trailer if I need to tow it, so I cant help you there 20180630_161033.jpeg

Bogunn likes this.
  4. dravnx

dravnx Member

I'm sure the tail gate is sturdy enough to handle the weight of the rear wheel of your bike. Remember, you're only putting approximately 1/2 the weight on the tailgate. That's less then a couple of your bro's sitting there. I've done it with bikes on other trucks and never gave it a thought.

5. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

The third gen tailgate is suppose to handle a little more weight than previous gens.

Bogunn likes this.
  6. OP
    chadley

Thanks guys

7. OP
    chadley

That’s a good look. Nothing like camping out on your bike.

bumpedmyhead likes this.
  8. geekyadam

geekyadam Well-Known Member

9. geekyadam

geekyadam Well-Known Member

Although that is a full-sized truck in the pics...unsure if maybe a Tacoma would be narrower than the bike length so it would stick out on the ends, which would be bad...if so I'd go with the bed+tailgate option mentioned above.

10. OP
    chadley

Thx geekyadam. Those hitch carriers always have made me skeptical. I have a 400lb Dual sport and with all my gear on it, 430+.