MP3 doesn't work with Entune????

TacoKen

My 2015 with Entune does not play MP3 music from a cd? I thought all new vehicles play MP3 cd's.

Don't know about tacos, never tried it in mine, I had a Mazda b 3000, their mid size truck, and it didn't work in there

I think factory stereo's suck. I sold my Subaru to buy my taco and I had put a JVC navi stereo in it and it would play anything. So disappointed in the factory stereo. Entune seems to be a really cheap unit. I put a set of Focal component speakers in which helps but the Entune head unit is really not that great. Would think every new cd player would play MP3? Guess I'll have to play my MP3s from my iPhone......:rolleyes:

I took it to the dealer and he said my MP3 CD did not work and that Entune only plays regular CDs.
Maybe my CD is bad even though it worked in my Subaru with aftermarket CD player?

I don't know what to tell you. My 15 plays MP3's just fine and the Toyo website specifically states that Entune plays MP3 along with other formats besides regular CD.

Ya, I don't get it. Worked fine before. Maybe for some reason the cd went bad? I put it in my laptop and plays fine. No big deal. Will try regular CD and make sure they play.

Ya, I don't get it. Worked fine before. Maybe for some reason the cd went bad? I put it in my laptop and plays fine. No big deal. Will try regular CD and make sure they play.

CD's can definitely go bad. They get damaged and some devices are fussier about the damage than others.

Also, and I am not real up on this stuff, but I think not all MP3's are the same. There are all different types of codecs and other stuff that I don't know the details about. With all of the different types of formats that fall under the generic term "MP3", not all machines may play all types. I came across problems with this kind of thing a few years ago when I was ripping some music into MP3 on a Linux computer. There were several different apps to do this and I would rip CD's that would play in one device, but not another, and I was dicking around with different settings trying to get it all to work. I forget what I eventually did and lost interest in all of it.

And along that line...if you use purchase music through iTunes and download it, it comes as an mp4a. Plays great on Apple devices. Not 100% sure but I think if you use iTunes to rip a CD, you also get the mp4a.

Back