My toy...

Discussion in 'Member Builds' started by longshore, Feb 1, 2017.

1. longshore

longshore Well-Known Member

This is what I have so far...for the back Dakar OME 7 leaf with bilstein 5100s. Toytec coilovers 521600 and Fabtech uni ball UCA'S for the front. I have the carrier bearing drop kit and the sway bar relocation kit. Since I have the second gen not doing diff drop.

All scheduled for installing mid February. Am I missing anything?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    rec2570 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. rec2570

rec2570 Well-Known Member

Wheels and tires

longshore likes this.
  4. OP
    longshore

Ha!! I only have 5,000 on the Nitto's. Have to see what the future brings there.

rec2570 likes this.
  5. OP
    longshore

Well here it is all done. Except headlight adjustment and alignment.

6. OP
    longshore

7. OP
    longshore

Slight vibration on easy take off. I did do the cb drop. I've read where others have had this issue...

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  8. Mjp2

Mjp2 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  9. OP
    longshore

I have had as much as 3/4 in. drop, I stacked a 7/16 nut with the drop spacer and it was just a little worse than now, which is back to factory. I was thinking next adjustment would be to pull the pinion down with shims. Pointy end forward?

10. Mjp2

Mjp2 Well-Known Member

I dont know for sure which way shims get oriented to be honest.

11. OP
    longshore

I think that's what was decided by most of the guys on TW, pointy end towards the front of the truck. Makes sense, under acceleration the pinion wraps up that's when I get the vibes. There are a couple go pro vids that show it pretty good.

12. OP
    longshore

But that bearing is a lot easier to change out than having to mess with the four ubolts. Thanks for that link...

Mjp2 likes this.
  13. jwedholm

jwedholm Member

What tires are those. 245's?

14. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

I don’t think they are 245’s... 265’s are stock on the 4x4.

Bojangles likes this.
  15. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

Frittters

OR17TRD likes this.
  16. 4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

Have you tried flipping the carrier upside down ? Some guys have done this (with the issues you describe) after trying all the cb drops/shimming the diff. etc; with good results.. Maybe worth a try...

Bojangles and OR17TRD like this.