Need help on rims

surge03

Looking to buy rims on Craigslist and found some that are 6 lug but the guy said it came off a Chevy Tahoe. I know there are spacers for this but will that effect the ride after? ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1406343177.350504.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1406343191.317487.jpg

Those should fit

Ok, my other question is, if I buy these I'm planning on having a leveler kit installed 2.5" or 3" trying to go baja style. I currently have 245/75/16 tires, what size should I go to make look decent with the lift? I have an 06 tacoma pre runner by the way.

Are you talking about wheel spacers? You could go up to 265/75/16 even without the level... Not sure about how far you can go with the level since I don't have a leveling kit nor a 2nd gen that doesn't have any aftermarket things whatsoever

Also just found out they are 16"/10" is 10" wide too wide?
Yes wheel spacers, I do not think Chevy rims will fit without wheels spacers fight?
I think that the wheel spacer part shouldn't matter because it's not a stock Chevy wheel. As for the 16x10 rim size I know it can work cause I've seen some people on TW run the size but I'm now sure how they did it.

I think that the wheel spacer part shouldn't matter because it's not a stock Chevy wheel. As for the 16x10 rim size I know it can work cause I've seen some people on TW run the size but I'm now sure how they did it.

Rims were 16/8 with a zero offset I believe. Bolt patter was the same just not the bore, I think spacers will work to clear it but my concern is if this will ruin the ride for example wobbling. My stock rims are a positive offset 16/7.

Rims were 16/8 with a zero offset I believe. Bolt patter was the same just not the bore, I think spacers will work to clear it but my concern is if this will ruin the ride for example wobbling. My stock rims are a positive offset 16/7.
That will definitely work than... You said they were 16x10 earlier

Then he's stupid, lol. Yeah the 16x8 will work fine, I would know since I have 16x8 upgraded from the stock 16x7s, and you don't need any wheel spacers

Is there anything wrong with using spacers on rims? I personally like the look better but is there anything I should know about using spacers? Is the ride or alighnment going to change?

Is there anything wrong with using spacers on rims? I personally like the look better but is there anything I should know about using spacers? Is the ride or alighnment going to change?
There is nothing wrong with them nor will anything bad happen to your truck if you use the right size.

Back