Need help on tire size

Logan Henke

I just bought a 2017 Tacoma limited and I want to put some wheels and bigger tires on it to give it some stance I just have no idea what size I should go and I’m not trying to put a lift on it right now.

Depends on wheel size.
16” wheels = 265/75R16 max w/ no lift
17” wheels = 265/70R17 max w/ no lift

But if I already have the limited rims. Would it be dumb to go down to 17’s or just do 265/60/18? Or what’s the max for 18’s?

But if I already have the limited rims. Would it be dumb to go down to 17’s or just do 265/60/18? Or what’s the max for 18’s?

It depends on what you want. If this is just for looks, than it makes sense to keep the 18s and I believe you can get 265/70 for 18s as well. (Look into it) that will give you about 1” rise and will not require a lift.

But if you want to do some off-roading plus look cool and you want new wheels too, then I would get 16” wheels with 265/75 tires BFG K02 all terrain or something close will look sick and last forever. But just depends on what you’re trying to do man.

It depends on what you want. If this is just for looks, than it makes sense to keep the 18s and I believe you can get 265/70 for 18s as well. (Look into it) that will give you about 1” rise and will not require a lift.

But if you want to do some off-roading plus look cool and you want new wheels too, then I would get 16” wheels with 265/75 tires BFG K02 all terrain or something close will look sick and last forever. But just depends on what you’re trying to do man.

IMG_7670.jpg

Would it look better with the stock 265/60/18 as opposed to 17”/265/70/17

Like I said on the other post you should be able to get 265/70s for your 18” wheels, If not maybe 265/65s at least. The chart I posted says you can do 70s on an 18” wheel but I’m not sure about that.

Awesome, I was trying to find that chart. What I was trying to search was not finding it.
Definitely need some off road capability. Going to be snowy, going to run duratracs. The k02’s packed some snow compared to the tracs.
I’m a new taco owner, so definitely input on rim material is key as well rims itself. Looks aren’t an issue, more functionality.. going to be in Alaska so, I don’t want 300$ rims to thrash.

Go to tiresize.com. You can compare every size on there. I’d definitely keep the 18s if you don’t want to fork out close to $1000 for wheels.

Go to tiresize.com. You can compare every size on there. I’d definitely keep the 18s if you don’t want to fork out close to $1000 for wheels.

True, I shouldn’t run into any issue doing any mild-moderate off roading in the 18’s vs going lower should i?
I’m thinking about just tossing on 265/65/18 AT’s and when i eventually lift, go ahead and then change the rims? Thoughts?

No you should be fine! I wouldn’t go any bigger than the 265/65/18 with keeping it stock. You could run into issue with it rubbing while off-roading.

Back