Need lift advice!

t-roy

Hello all im new to Toyota world... Well lifting trucks in general always lowered them! Any links or suggestions are greatly appreciated

So I'm looking to run a lift preferably 6inch but no less than 3 I want something that will be good for off road use trails and mudding mostly not rock crawling or anything crazy.

2016 Tacoma Trd sport 4x4

Hello all im new to Toyota world... Well lifting trucks in general always lowered them! Any links or suggestions are greatly appreciated

So I'm looking to run a lift preferably 6inch but no less than 3 I want something that will be good for off road use trails and mudding mostly not rock crawling or anything crazy.

2016 Tacoma Trd sport 4x4
It depends on how much money your willing to spend, icon and old man emu makes decent lift kits. Or if you wanna save money you can do a spacer/spindle lift. I have a spindle lift on my 2wd taco, but I'm doing it for the looks. I go driving on some moderate trails in octilllo wells occasionally.

It depends on how much money your willing to spend, icon and old man emu makes decent lift kits. Or if you wanna save money you can do a spacer/spindle lift. I have a spindle lift on my 2wd taco, but I'm doing it for the looks. I go driving on some moderate trails in octilllo wells occasionally.

I'm looking to stay around 4-5 thousand with rims and tires hopefully
And is there some pretty good trails in ocotillo I been wanting to go down there and check it out

I'm looking to stay around 4-5 thousand with rims and tires hopefully
And is there some pretty good trails in ocotillo I been wanting to go down there and check it out
Hmmn well if you spend all that money on a lift you'll get a really nice one trust me, but rims and tires will set you back 2-2500 (depending on the wheels and tires you get). It's all what you want honestly. If you just want the extra ground clearance then just go for the spindle lift, but if you want to put an investment in your truck check out old man emu lift kits and icon lift kits they're amazing and give real performance and add wheel travel. You'll love it. My recommendation is buy the icon or emu lift kit and save up for the tires! You won't regret it.

Hmmn well if you spend all that money on a lift you'll get a really nice one trust me, but rims and tires will set you back 2-2500 (depending on the wheels and tires you get). It's all what you want honestly. If you just want the extra ground clearance then just go for the spindle lift, but if you want to put an investment in your truck check out old man emu lift kits and icon lift kits they're amazing and give real performance and add wheel travel. You'll love it. My recommendation is buy the icon or emu lift kit and save up for the tires! You won't regret it.
For 4-5k you can put an icon stage 3 and 4 new 33" nitto tires. Easy. And that's if you have someone instal it. If you do it yourself then your looking at around 4K.

I'm doing the icon 3inch kit.
$3300 at 4 wheel parts. Called around to a few shops and all priced about the same.
I have a 2016 sport. 3 inch is prob what you want to go with if you're planning on taking it off roading. Ocotillo is the best place to go in socal. Alot of trails and u can get a crazy as you want. Maybe I'll see you out there

For 4-5k you can put an icon stage 3 and 4 new 33" nitto tires. Easy. And that's if you have someone instal it. If you do it yourself then your looking at around 4K.
For me it was more expensive since I wanted method wheels and general grabbers. But I'm sure if he doesn't want fancy stuff he'll be fine.

I'm doing the icon 3inch kit.
$3300 at 4 wheel parts. Called around to a few shops and all priced about the same.
I have a 2016 sport. 3 inch is prob what you want to go with if you're planning on taking it off roading. Ocotillo is the best place to go in socal. Alot of trails and u can get a crazy as you want. Maybe I'll see you out there

Thank you all for the help and advice I been doing a lot of looking and asking around. And am still at stand still on what I want to do I hear so many different things for everyone so Ima sit back for couple months and just research!

Thank you all for the help and advice I been doing a lot of looking and asking around. And am still at stand still on what I want to do I hear so many different things for everyone so Ima sit back for couple months and just research!
Just save money in the mean time. The more money you have the more/better your options will be.

Can any of you post pictures with a 3 inch ? And can I do 3 in with 33s and no cutting of gender or cab mount

Can any of you post pictures with a 3 inch ? And can I do 3 in with 33s and no cutting of gender or cab mount
You can, but I'm not 100% on the cutting part. You might rub a little but again in not sure. I have a 4 in lift and I don't have rub issues.

Back