New Head Unit

PTR91Ron

I would like to replace my stock stereo in my '13 Taco with an upgrade but don't know what brand will fit. Right now my back up camera utilizes the rear view mirror and it's a little small for my taste, I would like it to come on utilizing the Screen on the head unit. Also I would like it to utilize the steering wheel controls for my phone via the bluetooth. Any ideas?

I would like to replace my stock stereo in my '13 Taco with an upgrade but don't know what brand will fit. Right now my back up camera utilizes the rear view mirror and it's a little small for my taste, I would like it to come on utilizing the Screen on the head unit. Also I would like it to utilize the steering wheel controls for my phone via the bluetooth. Any ideas?
Crutchfield

Hey what factory head unit do you currently have???

Not to interested in the navigation, as long as it has the bluetooth connection And touchscreen and it fits in my 2012 I will consider buying it from ya.

I'd have to find what I'm looking for first. Yes, no nav and it is bluetooth capable. Answer and call with steering wheel controls or the touchscreen.

I did this to mine. But the camera is still in the rear view mirror.

Attachments

• 1461006007104.jpg
    1461006007104.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 70
I'm leaning toward the Jensen vx7020 right now for my 2011 model. Only because I'd prefer to have a usb port on the front of my unit and not have to deal with installing an external USB mod. It has most of the features I'd like for a decent price. Usb, BT, maps, back up cam, etc.. I'm not in love with it but feature wise it looks like a good option. About $350 new at Crutchfield. Add the wiring harness and metra kit and it'll be more like $380.

I think I've decided not to chance it on any of the Chinese made android units. Just not reliable enough I don't think.

Ended up going ahead with the Jensen vx7022. Used crutchfield to pick out the wiring harness but ordered everything through amazon. Got the unit $100 cheaper. Should have it Friday and will do the install this weekend if I don't drink too much.

Well, that was a bit of a pain in the ass but not too bad. The unit will take some getting used to, but I decided to just knock out the hard part today. I haven't yet attempted rerouting my back-up camera video to the head unit.

Attachments

• 1461452338382.jpg
    1461452338382.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 56
Any idea how and if we can use the stock back up camera to work with an after market head unit? I have the Jensen VX7022 in my 2010 Tacoma.

So a feature to look into is apple car play capable. I like tge way it works.. Siri and messaging/phone/map all work off your phone. Pretty sure irs for android too

Back